MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:55 pm
Asadthedudd wrote:However i did opt for a replacement unit

lol ignore that i was ranting, good for you man i hope the new one works better.
By ImNotDedYet Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:23 am
Viewing this and the other thread got me wondering about my newly purchased Retro One last Wednesday. First thing I did is upgrade.

I had a good amount of double triggers and missed hits at first that I chalked up to newness with it. (I had a 1000 a number of years ago, so not _completely_ unfamiliar) I messed with the sensitivity settings, but they didn't seem to fix it. Eventually I went back to the defaults. I've been using it pretty much non-stop since getting it and realized I hadn't noticed double strikes or misses in the last couple of days, which happens to be about the time I switched back to the sensitivity defaults.

Anyway, I just banged out a horrible beat on the Classic House project using drum programs and plugins. I played both while recording and not. TC was on the whole time. I switched one of the programs pads from One Shot to Note On. I didn't experience one double strike or missed hit the whole time.

I'll chalk it up to me getting used to it. There may be a bit of a warmup to these particular pads, perhaps some tightening of the screws as mentioned elsewhere.

I'd return it in a heartbeat and get the non-retro if I felt there was an issue, but I honestly have no doubts mine is functioning as it's supposed to. So there's hope for the retros methinks.
By 40Beatz Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:42 pm
Did you reset your Preferences after Updating?