MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By allreddv Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 am
jabberwalky wrote:I'd be way more into getting an acceleration setting for the knob than changing the physical knob. Most of the time it seems cool, but for things like FX sends, it takes 10-15 rotations to get into usable range.

An acceleration curve would be good for the dial, even with the bigger one I have now I would still like to see that, I have other hardware that has that feature, as you keep turning the knob it speeds up the acceleration until you stop rotating it and then it reverts back to normal speed and you can fine adjust at the end.
By NewAkaiUser Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm
allreddv wrote:Your image didn't post, you have a link? One thing to consider if going bigger than the 34mm is the size of the indentation for the knob. The 34mm I am using is the max size where it doesn't start to overlap that indentation,

The indentation is sloped so while the 34mm is too big to go to the bottom of it, it still goes in it a bit when pressed, so on full pressed it is slightly below the surface face of the MPC. Any bigger and you will have to tighten the knob on the post higher in order for the click to register.

When I had the 34mm a bit higher when making adjustments I noticed a slight wobble to it which went away when I got it at the lowest level I could while still registering a click. But that could be related to where the tightening screw is located on the knob I got.I didn't know the size of the indentation when I bought the knob, just got lucky on the size, but if a larger one would work it would be even nicer to use. I can't emphasize how much nicer the MPC is to use now, I know it seems stupid and trivial, but really makes a difference IMO especially because of how much I use that knob.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32749414806.html

A few moves and you are in the middle of a directory with a hundred files.
By allreddv Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm
Nice, I actually looked at that one also, not on aliexpress but either amazon or ebay I saw it. Almost pulled the trigger on it because I liked the finger indent.

I am sure you can verify for anyone thinking about it, that it actually does make quite a big difference in the feel of using the machine. Surprisingly so for me.
By NewAkaiUser Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:30 pm
It is much better than the standard knob. For sure. I navigate much faster at the browse menu, editing the sample waveform, moving playhead in piano roll etc.
And it looks very classic matching the oldest MPC's 8)

By EnochLight Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32749414806.html

A few moves and you are in the middle of a directory with a hundred files.

That's bad ass. I wish they made it in red, and I'd jump right on it. If I still had black knobs, I'd order that in a second though. On second thought, I might order one and paint it. It's so cheap even if it doesn't come out good, I won't be miffed. Thanks for the link!