MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mid rock Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:12 pm
well like I know there is somethings in everything that have a background that you should know about it from some where else
like resonate is a kinda notch that add db around the frequency of the filter you use and its not showing you the process in mpc and you kinda just feeling it goes sharp sounding
what is depth ?
is it like percentage of the fab filter pro q?
well its not important a lot and you can do anything you dont understand with just your feelings bot im curious cause i didnt saw it anywhere else and i kinda wanna know what exactly im doing with the sound
By 83dude Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:54 am
Resonance controls at what level you feedback the output signal back into the input, thus creating a resonance at the cutoff frequency.

Depth is exactly what jabberwalky described and controls the modulation amount of the envelope on the cutoff frequency.

Can‘t say what percentage in ProQ does, but it‘s manual might help you there.
By DokBrown Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:06 am
You must keep in mind that these are digital emulations of something analog – eq, filter, mixer, compression, etc. in their attempt to capture various analog nuances, they often add a knob or 2 for variety.

I don’t have expensive mixing boards or fancy compressors, but I rec every1 have at least 1 analog synth or DJ MIXER so they understand exactly what filter/overdrive is or isn’t. I rec the novation BS2 b/c it actually comes with 2 different filters.

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categ ... 2108287359