MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Humang Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:26 pm
Hello,
Since the firmware update of my MPC X, I can no longer play from my MIDI keyboard. The MPC X receives the MIDI signal well but the tracks remain silent. Does anyone know the same problem and can they help me please?
Thank you
By allreddv Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 pm
I am on the MPC Live and maybe these is a bug related to MPC X, but most likely it is a midi setting issue. When you say the MPC is receiving the midi signal what are you seeing to confirm this? Have you looked at the midi log menu? Just to help give an idea of what you mean when you say it is seeing it. My first thought related to midi will always be to make sure midi channels are set properly. You may have your track set to a particular midi channel and your midi controller set to another. The MPCx would see the midi data coming in but wouldn't execute anything because it is being told to play a different track.

What midi keyboard are you using? (shouldn't' really matter but could be a possible issue) are you sending midi over USB or 5 pin DIN? Do you have another device you could try? Try sending some midi notes from Ableton or other DAW if you don't have another device just to test.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 am
Humang wrote:Hello,
Since the firmware update of my MPC X, I can no longer play from my MIDI keyboard. The MPC X receives the MIDI signal well but the tracks remain silent. Does anyone know the same problem and can they help me please?
Thank you

Go into the MIDI preferences and click the little 'Master' button next to your keyboard in the MIDI Input list. I used my Novation Launchkey with mine the other night for the first time since upgrading and had to do that to get it to work. Don't remember having to check that before, but then again I wiped the preferences after the upgrade too. For some weird reason my MIDI interface was named differently too. Before it came up as an AMT8, and after 2.10 the MPC thinks its a Unitor8. It screwed up every project I have when it renamed the MIDI interface heh.
By 83dude Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:57 am
Make sure the corresponding tracks are armed. See the sticky thread.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:07 pm
83dude wrote:Make sure the corresponding tracks are armed. See the sticky thread.

Oh yeah that too. That still gets me every time I open a project I haven't worked on since upgrading hah.