MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By roisindubh83 Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am
I have a Scarlett 18i20 interface I was wondering if any one got to use all the assignable outputs working when plugged into the mpc one. I am only able to get sound from outputs 1 and 2 any one that has any insight on compatibility I would really appreciate it.
By roisindubh83 Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:39 am
ontherun wrote:I use that one and used up to output 8.
in the trackmixer you have to select another output for that track.
Are you in Classcomplient mode?

Mine work rigth out of the box

No I didn’t know about classcomplient mode I will definitely try that thank you for your quick response
By roisindubh83 Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:44 am
roisindubh83 wrote:
ontherun wrote:I use that one and used up to output 8.
in the trackmixer you have to select another output for that track.
Are you in Classcomplient mode?

Mine work rigth out of the box

No I didn’t know about classcomplient mode I will definitely try that thank you for your quick response

I have my Scarlett set as my interface and routed certain pads to other outputs on the interface other than 1 and 2 and no output from the pad to assigned out
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:05 pm
Did you check that something is routed to the other outputs in the Scarlett's internal mixer? The internal mixer's routings can only be seen and changed with the Focusrite Control application for Mac and Windows. (Or with Linux with recent mixer drivers and a suitable application) The MPC cannot access the Scarlett's internal routings, because it needs special support that isn't coded in there. You set the routings with Focusrite Control, and the Scarlett box remembers its routings until the next time you change them with the mixer control application.

By the way, did you check that you're getting continuous uninterrupted glitch-free audio from the Scarlett? I have a 3rd gen model, and the MPC's output is interrupted every 40 seconds, so it's useless.
By roisindubh83 Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Did you check that something is routed to the other outputs in the Scarlett's internal mixer? The internal mixer's routings can only be seen and changed with the Focusrite Control application for Mac and Windows. (Or with Linux with recent mixer drivers and a suitable application) The MPC cannot access the Scarlett's internal routings, because it needs special support that isn't coded in there. You set the routings with Focusrite Control, and the Scarlett box remembers its routings until the next time you change them with the mixer control application.

By the way, did you check that you're getting continuous uninterrupted glitch-free audio from the Scarlett? I have a 3rd gen model, and the MPC's output is interrupted every 40 seconds, so it's useless.

Thank you so much I just went into focus control and changed starting from monitor 1-2 all the way to 9-10 to playback mode and now have 10 available outputs on the mpc one , I read that some people with third gen had issues with latency etc but I just by chance had a 2nd gen to try out and I don’t have any issues with that model , again thank you you really helped me out and gave me a greater understanding . :worthy: