MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Nouri_leiner Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:23 am
Hey all!

Every time I'm using a synth plugin it gets weirdly affected by my drums. What I am doing wrong?

Let's say I'm recording a simple one note for a full bar on a synth plugin, every time there is a hit from a drum sample (on an other track) the volume of the plugin track gets slightly quieter. Which results in this constant wobbly volume effect...

I'm using the One so I routed the drums through output 1 and the synth plugin through output 2 on 2 separate tracks on my external mixer. I then muted the drum track on my external mixer but kept it running on the MPC. The change on volume still occurs at every hit.

If I then mute the entire drum track on the MPC or mute drum pads individually, it stops. Entirely if I muted the drum track or partially where this pad hit if I mute pads.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
By Nouri_leiner Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:23 pm
Crumb$ wrote:Is this happening in all your projects, or just one?

What you’re describing sounds like you’re using Mother Ducker…

I wasn't using Mother Ducker but twice Air Maximiser...
Once on the drums and once on the Master.

I didn't realize that it was in the template that I created for myself so it was by default in all my projects...

Thank you, it made me realize that once again it was a user mistake.