MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Nouri_leiner Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:43 am
Hey all!

Is there a way to select all events in List edit mode? Without pressing shift and selecting every event one by one on the screen ?

Same for grid mode, is there a shortcut to select all notes? Instead of using the screen and dragging?

Thanks!
By SuperKonquer Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:02 pm
Select all button exists in the Force but not in the MPC. Maybe in the future. Depending on what you are trying to do using the editing tools from the main screen is pretty fast. Once you get the in the rhythm of using it to copy or delete events you wont miss the select all button. You can even use it to pseudo nudge all events.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:09 pm
I'd like a one-button "remove all MIDI events from track immediately" function, in addition to a physical select-all button. And a "show all notes when entering grid view" option, because usually the first thing to do is zoom out (using the annoying touch screen) to even find where the notes are. Using the touch screen is annoying, because it's hard to hit the right spots, and hit them in a way that's interpreted as a "tap". In many screens, the screen is mined with spots that you MUST NOT touch or otherwise it will invoke some function, toggle some option, or just exit the whole screen.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:24 pm
The ERASE button also erases routings, settings, track name. Wanting to do that is very rare. The ERASE function eats up a whole precious physical button with a function I almost never want to do. I want to re-record something to the same track, play something else, a different idea. And not halt the flow.

It's not an UNDO situation either. It's, "OK I had enough of that idea, I'll replace it with a better or different one".

By the way, the "do it" confirmation is an unnecessary step. There's UNDO, so no harm done.
By Crumb$ Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:33 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:The ERASE button also erases routings, settings, track name. Wanting to do that is very rare. The ERASE function eats up a whole precious physical button with a function I almost never want to do. I want to re-record something to the same track, play something else, a different idea. And not halt the flow.

It's not an UNDO situation either. It's, "OK I had enough of that idea, I'll replace it with a better or different one".

By the way, the "do it" confirmation is an unnecessary step. There's UNDO, so no harm done.

If you mail your MPC to Akai with a list of what buttons you want, they usually get them added within the week. I got one added that brings me cake.
By Nouri_leiner Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:Select all button exists in the Force but not in the MPC. Maybe in the future. Depending on what you are trying to do using the editing tools from the main screen is pretty fast. Once you get the in the rhythm of using it to copy or delete events you wont miss the select all button. You can even use it to pseudo nudge all events.

It's mostly in List Edit mode, to be able to add, substract, tec. values to all notes (velocity, gate, etc.) Like on the MPC 1000.
By wavejockey Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:12 am
time and again i have asked a select all button/function in LIST and GRID edit with AKAI support, but no luck there
since you can filter certain (type of) messages in LIST, that would be a great function to (be able to) re-do some performance or input
By 64hz Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:The ERASE button also erases routings, settings, track name. Wanting to do that is very rare. The ERASE function eats up a whole precious physical button with a function I almost never want to do. I want to re-record something to the same track, play something else, a different idea. And not halt the flow.

Your wrong it doesn't do anything but delete events.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:59 am
My bad, I must have confused it with the other clear function like MPC-Tutor said. I obviously should have checked before making such outrageous claims, but my MPC One is at Thomann's so I couldn't check. But the ERASE button does anything only if you stop playback, right? And then it cannot be used in the one and only purpose I have for the MPC, creating stuff live without stopping.
By Calcaire Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 pm
Erase button works only when playback is stopped.

The erase function of main view " pencil menu" does it while playing , only way to erase on the fly without stop playback

To select all events in grid and maybe in list
try TC TAB - select all events - change quantification value , apply .. Press undo .. Your events should be all selected, not moved ... Clunky workaround that does the job
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:14 pm
I wonder what the reason is for the dedicated erase button not working while playing. Maybe a lot of users are in the habit of tapping it for fun and inspiration while jamming to the music or something.