MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Hoekschop Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 am
Hey all,

I use an A&H ZEDi-10 mixer as an audio interface (4 in - 4 out) with my MPC Live I. Everything works fine, but there is a 'problem' with the stereo channels.

The mixer has three stereo channels and the second one doubles as the USB-in (outs 1 and 2 in the MPC). When you plug a device into Stereo 2 it disconnects the USB-in. The third stereo channel is only used for USB-in (outs 3 and 4).

The solution is to route all programs in the MPC to outs 3,4. Is it possible to make this a default? I saw that there are settings to route the audition and metronome but I couldn't find any setting for the programs. Or can you guys you suggest work-arounds?

Thanks!
Conor
By KangPlus Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:26 am
I am using a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK and have the same issue. I need to use Outputs 11/12 as default.

I also had the idea to set up a template with these outputs configured wherever possible. My approach is to set up a few predefined programs with the configured outputs. However, as soon as I define an additional program, which is not in the template yet, this will default again to outputs 1/2.

There seems to be no good solution for existing projects though. In that case, I have to reconfigure every program or mixer track. Or is there some global setting?

Also, I was not able to configure the outputs for auditioning. Could you point me to this setting?

Thanks!
By Hoekschop Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:50 pm
AFAIK there's no global setting, so with existing projects you'll need to change the outputs of every program separately.

You can find the outputs for auditioning via Menu > Preferences > General > Audition outputs.
By KangPlus Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:40 pm
Thank you very much for the reply!

(The above was actually my first post, I didn't notice that it was released until now, hence my late reply :))