MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MuddyRunner Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:32 pm
Hello,

Just taken delivery of my MPC One this morning and am trying to update the firmware (presently v2.7.1.) to v2.10.

After turning on I see the splash screen, then the "Select Demo" screen. I select "Empty Project", then press the Menu button and hit the cog-wheel (Preferences) and this is where it all goes wrong...

Instead of seeing "Update" on the bottom right of the next screen, all I see are "Reset" and "Legal Info", no update option at all. I've tried copying the V2.10 updater to both a USB drive and SD card and running through the procedure again, but still no option to update. I've tried Google searches for a fix but have drawn a blank.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

Chris.
By MuddyRunner Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:22 pm
MPC_Tutor - thanks! It turned out to be as simple as that (after several hours installing software, creating an iLok account, contemplating (really) smashing a brand-new MPC One with a hammer).

Now at last I can get started working through your bible.

I need a drink...