MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LoserName Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:36 am
I upgraded to 2.10, watched several tutorials, but I still don't get how to multitrack into my DAW from a class compliant mixer in real time..

What I want to do is:
1. MPC ONE drives one drum machine, two synths and one expander via MIDI and C/V
2. Those machines are processed via external effects and their outs are routed to the inputs of a class compliant mixer
3. In the very same mixer I route some sounds and sampled vocals from the MPC ONE via usb

Now I am stuck, I don't want to get back into the MPC ONE, but I want to record in my DAW every separate track using another USB interface.

Can you kindly explain in simple words how this can be accomplished.
Thanks
By ace_of_dub Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:54 am
I upgraded to 2.10, watched several tutorials, but I still don't get how to multitrack into my DAW from a class compliant mixer in real time..

Yes because you cannot do that from the MPC One. The update changes nothing to that fact.

Does your first sound card has multiple outputs? Then you need to plug the physical audio outputs of the first sound card plugged on the MPC One, to the physical audio inputs of the audio interface plugged on your PC, that's all there is to it.

You can't stream multitrack audio from the MPC One to your DAW directly. The 2.10 update was never about that.

The MPC is meant to replace the computer and the DAW. Keep that in mind everytime you think about doing something with the MPC. If that's not what you want then just use MPC Software on your computer and the MPC One in controller mode.
By LoserName Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:46 pm
Ok thanks for clarifying.

No, my first sound card has only a main out..
So I guess I have to find a class compliant mixer/interface that has mulitple outs, connect the MPC via USB, and then plug the single outputs into the second interface.
I don't know if someone can suggest me a device that works with these features.

And the second interface has to be connected to the PC via USB to reach the DAW.

I don't like making music overdubbing but only in real time..
In fact, the main reason why I purchased the MPC ONE (and I am absolutely satisfied with it) is for its MIDI features and especially for its C/V outputs, not to replace my DAW and the computer. I use it also for tweaking sounds and manipulating vocals in real time.
You can hardly find around a device that can make you drive 4 analog synths via C/V at the same time and it works flalwlessly with different voltages.
Also, I have also some VST instruments in my DAW that can't be used in the MPC.
By Monotremata Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 pm
LoserName wrote:Ok thanks for clarifying.

No, my first sound card has only a main out..
So I guess I have to find a class compliant mixer/interface that has mulitple outs, connect the MPC via USB, and then plug the single outputs into the second interface.
I don't know if someone can suggest me a device that works with these features.

And the second interface has to be connected to the PC via USB to reach the DAW.

There's quite a few listed in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. FWIW I've had nothing but great luck with the Behringer UMC1820. Had that thing on for hours at a time and not a single drop out/pop/crackle/distortion, nothing. 10 analog outs right out of the box and its got ADAT I/O so you can add another 8 later. Plug all the outputs into the inputs on the interface connected to your PC and there you have it. Ive got a mixer involved so the outputs of the Behringer go into channels on the mixer, and those channels direct outputs go into my MOTU thats connected to my Mac. Sync that shit over ethernet and slave it to Logic, multitrack in no time.