MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jmc718 Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:13 pm
I have a Tascam 8x16 audio interface and an MPC one with OS 2.10. The Tascam only has a USB B plug. Can I connect the two devices using the MPC’s USB A connection, or is my audio interface not supported?
By allreddv Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:43 pm
There is a pinned discussion on this at the top of the forum about which devices are compatible. I would check that first and see if anyone else has tried with your interface. I think I remember reading a post somewhere here that said there is a pdf on Akai site with "officially supported" interfaces, although I didn't see it.

You could also just try it out and see, that is what I did with a Focusrite 18i8 and an Octopre and they both worked with no issues.
By Jmc718 Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:57 am
I can’t find the pdf you’re talking about. Can you please post a link? Im trying to find out if it’s safe to plug the mpc USB A connection to the Tascam USB B connection. Im guessing there isn’t a cable that connects USB B to USB B.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am
Tascam USB B to MPC USB A is the way to connect. The MPC USB B port is only for connecting the MPC to a computer. The Tascam is class compliant so should work in theory. The topic that lists the working/non working USB interfaces is the sticky called ' List of Working/Non Working Class Compliant USB Interfaces'.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:39 pm
Mind you, the list thread is not official, none of the posted information is guaranteed by anyone. There are conflicting bogus reports there. You're on your own. List or not, you will have to test it thoroughly anyway. If it doesn't work work for your purpose, Akai won't make it work, and the audio interface manufacturer won't make it work either.