MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By allreddv Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:39 pm
Is the looper limited to a max of 16 bars? It seems to be to me and I can't find a setting that allows me to go past that, but thought I would ask just to make sure I am not missing something.
By allreddv Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:10 am
Thanks, wish it was a bit longer, at least 32, preferably 64. Wonder what their reasoning was to only 16.

Wish list for the looper would be
1. able to get to that 32 or 64 bars
2. be able to export loops into a clip program, currently can only export to a drum program.

These two functions would make it great for live looping playing. Maybe in a future firmware.
By NearTao Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 pm
If you halve your BPM, you can effectively double the amount of time you have... so a 120bpm piece with 16 bars of looping... at 60bpm would be equivalent to 32 bars of looping... and at 30bpm would be equivalent to 64 bars of looping...
By DokBrown Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 am
NearTao wrote:If you halve your BPM, you can effectively double the amount of time you have... so a 120bpm piece with 16 bars of looping... at 60bpm would be equivalent to 32 bars of looping... and at 30bpm would be equivalent to 64 bars of looping...

Gotta work with those limitations