MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By geesbert Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:40 pm
Is there a way to program the internal effects to get a shimmer reverb/delay effect?

if not, is there a way to use an external effect pedal as an insert with the internal sounds?
By NearTao Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:05 pm
have you tried?

There are plenty of delays and reverbs in the MPC 2.10, so you can probably get what you're after or at least close... and yeah, you can use external FX, though if they operate at instrument level you'll need to get them up to instrument level to get into the MPC, and down to instrument level from the MPC to operate properly.
By Straker Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:28 pm
Put the Air pitch shifter effect before reverb on a send and you have your shimmer.
You can experiment putting different effects before reverb on send, many high quality reverbs today are actually chains of effects, so it's the same process.
By geesbert Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:22 pm
Straker wrote:Put the Air pitch shifter effect before reverb on a send and you have your shimmer.

I tried that before, sounds nothing like shimmer, probably I have the wrong settings.

My reference is the eventide H9 Shimmer, which is arguably as good as it gets...
By Straker Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:31 pm
geesbert wrote:
Straker wrote:Put the Air pitch shifter effect before reverb on a send and you have your shimmer.

I tried that before, sounds nothing like shimmer, probably I have the wrong settings.

My reference is the eventide H9 Shimmer, which is arguably as good as it gets...

Well of course that's a reverb of its own, i mean if you want that, you can use that as a hw send through output 3/4 or 5/6.
Did you also try with the new Air harmonizer before Air reverb on send?