MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By rddudl01 Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 am
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I have tried to contact Akai twice. When I try to update my MPC One Retro by USB it states there is a problem with the file and when I try to do it through the PC it states that the MPC needs to be connected to a power supply which it already is. I have tried this with version 2.7.2-2.10 in FAT32 and exFAT formats. When I put it in diagnostic mode it says the software version is "Unknown". The version showing in the system menu is 2.7.1. Hoping someone knows a solution.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm
I've seen a few posts about this, I believe a warranty replacement is the only option. Contact your retailer or Akai (by phone, as they seem to struggle answering emails these days).

Updating your MPC firmware should be one of the first things to do when you first unbox your MPC to rule out this issue (along with checking all the ins/outs, pads, dials etc).
By rddudl01 Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 pm
Just an update, I spoke with Akai, who ran me through troubleshooting. Nothing worked, so they are sending me a new power supply (when it comes in stock). They were going to send it in to possibly see if there was an internal hardware issue, but they are short on parts. They didn't want to out right replace it because it may not be the version that I have... So I will update the thread once I have more info.