MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By idk973 Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am
When I turned on my mpcx a pop-up message told me a New firmware was ready to install.
It's the first time I update via this method.
By Neurone Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:10 am
So what does it change on the standalone units ?
By Straker Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:31 pm
Is it possible to keep the Touchfx enabled all time and just work with the wet on qlink to make it work?
Or do I have to enable the fx all the time entering plugin window?

And is it possible that some new Mpc with touch strip is coming out, so they put this touchfx to show it on superbooth?
By kidkeitel Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:46 pm
Monotremata wrote:
kidkeitel wrote:firmware update didnt even work;

"There was a problem with the update file.

Please check the file and try again."

I tried to re-download and its no longer available. Akai is a mess

Its still there (got it open in another tab just to check). Update went ok here. Still boots slow hah, but everything else is good. Got the prefs set back up with my AMT 8 and the UMC1820 and all is good. I did the USB update like always.

Guess the OTA update works now too. If you have wifi turned on it will pull it from Akai directly heh. Im not trusting that yet though.

found it again... however i tried each method of updating and none work. I get the "mpc not connected" error with the windows update method. probably a blessing in disguise :hmmm:
By kja Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:29 am
Are the touch effects under the effect list? Or how do we get there?
By ACRE Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:42 am
i don't see the need of this new touch fx (appart from being useful on the new mpc studio) in the fx list as we can set any parameter of any effect plugin on any q-link on the X.
& i surely have missed something, but, how you use the "XY pad" fx ? as it's not the same from the one you choose in the XY FX tab ?
By mrmarbury Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:51 pm
Had this update pop up on my MPC X after switching it on. Did the update and was in shock because my external IF stopped working and the audio system was restarting constantly. Did the 2.10.1 update via my PC again and stuff began to work again. Also a crackling sound I had from time to time with an external IF connected is gone.

I noticed the following: the OTA-updater was done pretty fast and downloaded a couple of MB only. While the update via PC took way longer. OTA is probably broken?

Did not check on any other fixes/features yet.
By Monotremata Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm
The OTA is probably just an 'update' where downloading the USB or PC/Mac installer is the full installation.
By mrmarbury Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 pm
Monotremata wrote:The OTA is probably just an 'update' where downloading the USB or PC/Mac installer is the full installation.

Yeah maybe. But the update was finished waaay to fast. Compared it is like 40 seconds via usb and 3-4 seconds via OTA. Anyway…the crackling sound was gone for a short while only. It’s unbearable. I cannot record anything in standalone :vomit:
By Inflor Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm
Can you fix exporting time on looper and bring a visual eq.,pls!!
By Switchbox Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:18 pm
Has anyone any luck with exporting MPC2500 Programs?…Mine is constantly crashing…Mac Big Sur…Since some version its behaving like that.
By NearTao Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:28 pm
I wouldn't worry about the online update being "too fast". They are able to know what exaction version you are at and deliver targeted files since you are only going forward. Where as for a USB or computer install you may change to *any* version, which requires delivering and updating the entire payload of data.