MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fletcher Linstrom Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:09 am
Hi all. I got the MPC one about 6 months ago and dopey ol me didn't know that MPC offered regular firmware updates. Aswell as taking the 'synths' folder from the MPC website and dropping it onto my SD card, I also downloaded and installed the 2.8 firmware update. This firmware update gave me a couple of nice sounding synths but I can't seem to get the 2.10 synths to work on my MPC. The synths show up in their folder on the MPC as .xpl files and won't load. I watched the Matthew Stratton video on it and still I got nothing. Is there a crucial step i've missed in getting these synths to actually work? All of the downloads were downloaded for standalone installation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
By EnochLight Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:23 am
Fletcher Linstrom wrote:Hi all. I got the MPC one about 6 months ago and dopey ol me didn't know that MPC offered regular firmware updates. Aswell as taking the 'synths' folder from the MPC website and dropping it onto my SD card, I also downloaded and installed the 2.8 firmware update. This firmware update gave me a couple of nice sounding synths but I can't seem to get the 2.10 synths to work on my MPC. The synths show up in their folder on the MPC as .xpl files and won't load. I watched the Matthew Stratton video on it and still I got nothing. Is there a crucial step i've missed in getting these synths to actually work? All of the downloads were downloaded for standalone installation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Why would you think that you can install features provided in 2.10 in the 2.8 firmware?? :WTF: :hmmm:
By Fletcher Linstrom Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:06 am
EnochLight wrote:
Fletcher Linstrom wrote:Hi all. I got the MPC one about 6 months ago and dopey ol me didn't know that MPC offered regular firmware updates. Aswell as taking the 'synths' folder from the MPC website and dropping it onto my SD card, I also downloaded and installed the 2.8 firmware update. This firmware update gave me a couple of nice sounding synths but I can't seem to get the 2.10 synths to work on my MPC. The synths show up in their folder on the MPC as .xpl files and won't load. I watched the Matthew Stratton video on it and still I got nothing. Is there a crucial step i've missed in getting these synths to actually work? All of the downloads were downloaded for standalone installation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Why would you think that you can install features provided in 2.10 in the 2.8 firmware?? :WTF: :hmmm:

I've attempted to download the 2.10 firmware but since I've already got 2.8 it won't let me download the 2.10