MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Qmix Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:17 am
In the beginning it seemed like a freeze. But now i feel it sounds more like turning the machine off and on.
And this repeats itself in the middle of play regardless of anything. But aswell when the MPC X does not play.
MPC X has the latest firmware. And has been reset. And I added aditional SSD and lowered the internal content to minimum but the problem stays there.
Anyone can help? :worthy:
By 40Beatz Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm
If you've Deleted any of the Internal Content...Your Problem Lies There...More than Likely.
By DokBrown Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:26 pm
Leave that internal content alone, I only mess with the SD card .

Either that, or the new MPC OS is a mess.
By Qmix Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 am
Sorry guys,maybe i was not clear enough. One factor that can allow MPC hiccups to happen would be a to full internal memory (fulldisk). So i only took away that what had previously been added to the internal memory because a then lack of ssd or sd. I did not change any pre-installed software or anything. I just migrated created projects from the internal memory to the new ssd to free up diskspace as much as possible as the diskmanager revealed a full sort of internal memory. This did not fix MPC X it's problem with which now it seems the OS/power problem. Has anyone experienced this problem where the MPC keeps having hiccups freezes that sound like it's power goes off and on? And please can someone here give me info regarding this subject. I bought the MPC X second hand with no warranty and simply do not understand why this Akai product has this problem. I don't want to go throuh the whole proces of contacting Akai before dropping my question here! Anyone?!
By Calcaire Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 pm
chicagoindustrial wrote:This sounds like a thermal (power) problem.
Have you examined the power converter to see if it is hot? It should be warm. A room temperature power module would also indicate a problem. First thing I would do is try a different power supply.

I was thinking about this
If you can use a multimeter test your power adapter at the socket , it should give 19 v and some.constant amperage
By Qmix Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:28 pm
Hi!
Thank you all for reacting!
Problem still persists.
For a while i was getting the feeling it was perhaps a broken power adapter problem,
since the sound it produces during the failures. It makes the sound of a machine turning off and on.
I tried another power source that did not help.
I reinstalled latest firmware update which did not help the solve problem
Now this message appeared :
"No internal audio device found" and it caused a totally freezing MPC X that only through a restart would go back to work again still faulty.
So yeah,

"No internal audio device found"

Anyone has experience with this ?
HELP!!!
By ace_of_dub Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:30 pm
Is your MPC X under warranty? then you should contact the retailer that will take back the device for repair according to the terms of warranty. If not you need to contact AKAI by phone and see what they can do about it. These are hardware failures, nobody here can do anything about it.

The longer you wait the more damaged your unit might become.
By Bonsaipanda Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:02 pm
Sounds like the flat cable connecting the audio interface to the mainboard is either slightly oxidized at the connectors or has gotten a bit loose. I would just pop the hood open, disconnect the cable (gently), then make sure it's clean and pop it back in.
By Qmix Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:17 pm
I returned it to the dealer who send it off today to the Akai repair shop as it was stil under warranty
Thanks for all the reactions!
If i have any news on the repair i wil let y'all know!
By ace_of_dub Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:32 am
Qmix wrote:I returned it to the dealer who send it off today to the Akai repair shop as it was stil under warranty
Thanks for all the reactions!
If i have any news on the repair i wil let y'all know!

Good, if your device is under warranty it is a no brainer.