MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JoonasMatias Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm
Hi!
I need some help to set up my Mpc live to control Volca beats. My probles is, i don´t know how to set up specific sounds from Volca beats on to specific pads on Mpc. They are in random order, and some sounds does not hear. What i need to do, if i want to set up Volca´s kick drum on to pad 1 in Mpc, Volca´s snare on to pad 2 in Mpc and so on...?!
Thanks for the help! :)
By DokBrown Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:54 pm
I use my MPC LIVE to control the 2-3 drum machines.

Top shelf drum machines let you assign a midi note to each drum pad but I assume that is not the case with the volca. I don’t have the volca but I do have an IK UNO which has very simple MIDI protocols.

Simple MIDI setup that works with most drum machines
1] open new midi track
- I assume u know how MIDI cables work
2] Set midi channel to 10
3] Adjust transpose +/- 6 until you find a pad bank that works

I find most drum machines link PAD BANK C on my MPC LIVE if you transpose +3 OR +5

Hope that helps
---LBJR
By Ill-Green Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:49 am
I own Volca Sample 1 & 2. Not the same I know but they do have similar front panels and controls.

The VS1 sucks for MIDI because Korg crammed all the channels to one. So if you wanted to play all the samples on a pad or key controller, you would only get one sample played on all keys. The VS2 solved this problem as well as the Pajen17 hack for VS1.

The Beats might have this problem, I don't know if Korg updated it, but at least to give some insight on whats going on.

On the VS2 I can play from external pads, the VS1 MIDI is like was made to play on a keyboard chromatically like a 16 level.
By DokBrown Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm
I had no idea, this is juicy ;-)
By Ultros Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:42 pm
lol mpc-tutor probably shakes his head at us like "ugh"..

I claimed this couldnt be done a while ago and mpc-tutor was like wtf? yes you can, and here is how! I overlooked it a zillion times too..