MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Chrisfrancis Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm
All of a sudden when I put any audio files on to my mpc live (mp3, wav, flac) they come up blank.  When I download splice files they come up on my mpc but are blank for some reason. As if the audio isn't even there. All previous sounds that I have downloaded seem to work but anything from Monday onwards just doesn't work. I have tried resetting preferences, I have updated to 2.10 and I have also deleted all splice files and re synced but the issue is still there. Could any one please help me with this issue? Thank you
By Chrisfrancis Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:22 pm
Thank you for the reply, I have just tried different sd cards and it's still the same issue. It seems to be an issue with the mpc live. I haven't been able to make any music for a week now as I can't upload any new audio but everything from before Monday works. Makes no sense
By bertiebassett Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 pm
I am having the same issue when downloading audio files from Splice (blank audio files; no visible waveform), using the sync feature, although copying files to my internal SSD manually over USB when connected to the computer is working fine. Splice sync did work prior to the last update so it looks like it may be related.
By Chrisfrancis Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:34 am
Interesting, I thought it was just splice files but it's actually any audio now from last monday onwards just come up as empty waveforms. I updated the mpc after the issue began so I don't think it's the update. Still haven't figured it out after nearly 2 weeks of trying everything. I haven't been able to make new music.
By CookieD Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:35 pm
Chrisfrancis wrote:Interesting, I thought it was just splice files but it's actually any audio now from last monday onwards just come up as empty waveforms. I updated the mpc after the issue began so I don't think it's the update. Still haven't figured it out after nearly 2 weeks of trying everything. I haven't been able to make new music.

It's more random for me. I tried to sync two Splice packs yesterday. One synced fine, the other was full of empty waveforms. I tried deleting them and re-syncing but it didn't fix it.
By YasmineRoberts Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:11 am
Chrisfrancis wrote:All of a sudden when I put any audio files on to my mpc live (mp3, wav, flac) they come up blank.  When I download splice files they come up on my mpc but are blank for some reason. As if the audio isn't even there. All previous sounds that I have downloaded seem to work but anything from Monday onwards just doesn't work. I have tried resetting preferences, I have updated to 2.10 and I have also deleted all splice files and re synced but the issue is still there. Could any one please help me with this issue? Thank you

I don't even have any empty files... After downloading, a 500 error appears and I have to restart the application.
By EnochLight Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:01 pm
YasmineRoberts wrote:I don't even have any empty files... After downloading, a 500 error appears and I have to restart the application.

:hmmm:

This has nothing to do with the OP (which, FYI - this bug was fixed a long time ago several firmwares back). That said, maybe tell us more about your specs and we can help... which firmware, are you standalone or in computer mode, what are you trying to do, etc...
By Nutrisse Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:27 pm
EnochLight wrote:
YasmineRoberts wrote:I don't even have any empty files... After downloading, a 500 error appears and I have to restart the application.

:hmmm:

This has nothing to do with the OP (which, FYI - this bug was fixed a long time ago several firmwares back). That said, maybe tell us more about your specs and we can help... which firmware, are you standalone or in computer mode, what are you trying to do, etc...

Splice is fixed? Still loading silent/broken files for me on standalone. Latest firmware. :hmmm: