MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By T-Monk Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:15 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing.

Wow, that’s awesome. I feel like early samplers (Ensoniq Mirage, DSS-1, etc.) did that in their programming. I remember running across raw samples that were clearly out of tune, but when loaded in the sampler the sample would be pitch shifted slightly because they calculated a loop point that was an even number of samples.

I think the adventure kid waves are also like that. They are like 2 cents sharp so that they make an even sample length. This are only single cycles though, so much easier.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:06 am
I still use my ears. Understand the new shit, but, ears.
By ancaja123 Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:00 pm
T-Monk wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing.

Wow, that’s awesome. I feel like early samplers (Ensoniq Mirage, DSS-1, etc.) did that in their programming. I remember running across raw samples that were clearly out of tune, but when loaded in the sampler the sample would be pitch shifted slightly because they calculated a loop point that was an even number of samples.

I think the adventure kid waves are also like that. They are like 2 cents sharp so that they make an even sample length. This are only single cycles though, so much easier.

That was my initial thought! That's how you are basically supposed to do it on the Mirage and DSS-1. Smart!

But wait...there *IS* an autoloop function on the Live/One/X/Keys?!?! This is huge for me even if it's "useless".

The autoloop on the S1000, S5000, and honestly the S612, albeit in an esoteric way, work WONDERS. It got to the point where I basically relied on it and knew when it would or wouldn't work depending on the sample.

Edit: I remember now there is a looping checkbox in the Autosampler section. It makes me wonder, I know that there are ways to calculate perfect loops with certain basic waves at certain frequencies. Believe the Nyquist Frequencies have something to do with it but I'm not that scientific haha. Now I need to experiment...
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:29 pm
The auto loop function in autosampler doesn't perform any analysis of the waveform,, no maths or whatever. It basically relies on luck and a large XFADE setting to achieve anything remotely useful. Could use the autosampler to make the samples, then use computer software to find the loops, probably won't even need to crossfade with well chosen synth patches.
By ancaja123 Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The auto loop function in autosampler doesn't perform any analysis of the waveform,, no maths or whatever. It basically relies on luck and a large XFADE setting to achieve anything remotely useful. Could use the autosampler to make the samples, then use computer software to find the loops, probably won't even need to crossfade with well chosen synth patches.

What software would you recommend? I try and avoid Xfade whenever I can.
By Xyenz Fyxion Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The auto loop function in autosampler doesn't perform any analysis of the waveform,, no maths or whatever. It basically relies on luck and a large XFADE setting to achieve anything remotely useful. Could use the autosampler to make the samples, then use computer software to find the loops, probably won't even need to crossfade with well chosen synth patches.

Bump. What software do you recommend?
By SakisX Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:06 am
Xyenz Fyxion wrote:

Bump. What software do you recommend?

SAMPLEROBOT seems the only tool existing , but the demo/trial is very basic
also you'll have to export as sfz and then convert to keygroup using ConvertWithMoss freeware utility
I tried a freeware LoopAuditioneer with mixed results