MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kyoki Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:24 pm
Hey guys,
A noobie questions coming from me. Could somebody explain how to connect my Behringer Model D to my MPC One?
Thank you so much in advance!

best
Graham
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:47 pm
I don't have one but you should be able to just connect the USB B port of your MPC to the USB A port of your Behringer. Then the audio output of your behringer go to your mixer (or even back into the MPC audio in, but you'll need to configure an audio track to receive this).

Now create a 'midi' type track in your sequence and configure it to send MIDI to the behringer on a particular midi channel - one way to do this is go to MAIN, hit the eyeball and select the MIDI channel strip. Or use 'track view'.
By Crumb$ Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:02 am
Just being pedantic, but it’s a USB B port on the Model D, to the USB A on the MPC One. And select midi channel with the dip switches on the back of the Boog model D. I don’t own one either but I borrowed one for a while. Jammed with it for hours. Loved it…
By kyoki Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:21 pm
Thank you, guys!

How do you setup the audio autputs of the model d? It has High and Low written which Im not sure what actually mean. What cable do I need?

cheers
Graham
By MPC-Tutor Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:28 pm
kyoki wrote:Thank you, guys!

How do you setup the audio autputs of the model d? It has High and Low written which Im not sure what actually mean. What cable do I need?

cheers
Graham

Happy to offer help, but have you actually read the manual for your Behringer Model D? This is explained very clearly on page 11.

https://media63.music-group.com/media/s ... 050270.pdf
By UKUDO Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:14 pm
To jump in here a little bit late...
I'm planning on buying a model d for my mpc one. At the moment I'm using an mpk mini mk 3. Will I be able to play the model d with the mpk, when both are connected via USB to the MPC?
By Lampdog Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:33 pm
UKUDO wrote:To jump in here a little bit late...
I'm planning on buying a model d for my mpc one. At the moment I'm using an mpk mini mk 3. Will I be able to play the model d with the mpk, when both are connected via USB to the MPC?

Are you dead set on buying the physical model d or have you tried a trial of the akai plugin model d?

I connected my usb b from subsequent-37 and usb b from krosno2 to a usb 3.0 powered hub and that hub goes to mpc x usb a port. Yes, I can play anything from anywhere on all 3 machines with the proper settings.
By UKUDO Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:59 pm
Lampdog wrote:

Are you dead set on buying the physical model d or have you tried a trial of the akai plugin model d?

I connected my usb b from subsequent-37 and usb b from krosno2 to a usb 3.0 powered hub and that hub goes to mpc x usb a port. Yes, I can play anything from anywhere on all 3 machines with the proper settings.

I am not entirely sure. I did the mini d trial and liked the approach. However I don't like the touch screen interaction.

I've also come across some opinions, which mention, that a hardware has a higher resell value.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:41 am
UKUDO wrote:I am not entirely sure. I did the mini d trial and liked the approach. However I don't like the touch screen interaction.

I've also come across some opinions, which mention, that a hardware has a higher resell value.

I completely understand.
By UKUDO Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:38 am
UKUDO wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I completely understand.

I'd also rather buy poly d or mini moog, but as this is more like a hobby, the model d seems like a good value.
By UKUDO Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:

After testing the model d in store, I finally decided to follow your advice and get the mini d.

The model d has definitely a greater feel to it, but missing presets and higher price finally made the decision
By Lampdog Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:50 pm
Actual hardware almost always “feels” better. I would like a physical model d also, but, gotta be practical, let my wallet breath and not do the expensive thing.

IOS Model D app (actual Moog app)
IOS Animoog Z (actual Moog app)
and
Akai Mini D on MPC X and MPC Keys61
Give me the sounds I want.

I ALSO WANNA BE ABLE TO SAVE/LOAD :lol: