MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:11 pm
I've been using the Delay Tape Sync effect and I find that, on rare occasions (once every other day?) it seems to send the box into a high CPU usage situation, and audio and UI both go on the fritz. I am jerking the parameters around quite a bit for this piece and cannot afford to have this happen live, so I have to give that up. Too bad cuz it sounds great.

Has anyone else run into this and knows a way around?

Second and only peripherally related: What does the Ramp control on the Analog Delay Sync do? I cannot hear any effect from this control.

TIA
By Monotremata Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 am
I've used the tape delay quite a bit for the last few years and haven't had any issues at all really. I tend to use it as a bus effect though, your typical triplet dub delay thing so I dont mess with it once its set.

And yeah aint got a damn clue what Ramp does. Doesn't sound like it does anything here either. I thought maybe it was like the 'swell' control on an Echorec but it doesn't do what an Echorec does so?
By DokBrown Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm
WHAT OS are you running ? I’m still running 2.8.1 & I have not had such problems but I favor the HP ANALOG delay. when it comes to sync’d delays I favor the AIR DIFF DELAY, that diffusion knob definitely works for my ears.

As usual, the FX designer was trying to emulate a real artifact in an analog device. I imagine if we could procure the real effect pedal/box, we might understand . . . . . . .

https://www.ehx.com/category/pedals/multi-effects/
By jamos Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:17 pm
I am using 2.10. I have no idea if this occurred in earlier versions, and I can't downgrade because this set depends on the Mellotron synth.

This also happens with the Delay Analog Sync. I guess that makes sense since it probably shares much of the code with the Tape delay. I have not had this problem with the Air delay, but that does not pitch shift as the delay time is changed, which is essential for the effect I am looking for. (We're doing a cover of Bela Lugosi's Dead for a Halloween show.)

I believe I will be giving up on this. I can get the same effect by sending the sound to my Nord G2 and running the delays in there.
By DokBrown Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 pm
While I appreciate new tools, features. This is the kind of stuff INMUSIC needs to fix ASAP
By 40Beatz Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:18 pm
My Go To Delay is the...

Air Delay

Mix set to +/-30%
Delay Ratio set to Dead Center (100/100)
Then I play with the Time Delay 1/4 or 1/8D

This use to be the Initial Preset but they f*cked it up around...ver 2.7 :lol:
By Tabletop Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:58 pm
40Beatz wrote:My Go To Delay is the...

Air Delay

Mix set to +/-30%
Delay Ratio set to Dead Center (100/100)
Then I play with the Time Delay 1/4 or 1/8D

This use to be the Initial Preset but they f*cked it up around...ver 2.7 :lol:

Seriously, what was their reasoning for that!? :hmmm: :lol:
By 40Beatz Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:15 pm
Some Technician who had the Code opened up while fixing something in an Update, must have forgot to set everything back to Dead Center :lol: