MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:10 am
Not sure if anyone cares, but if you want to change your default preset in any of the new plugins in the Synth content folder, you simply do so by either loading or tweaking any preset you like, then saving it in the following location on your MPC (in the example below I'm using Hype):

Synths\AIR Music Technology - MPC - Hype\Presets

And name the preset you're saving using the following format:

0000-Default

...and select "Overwrite" when you save it. Now create a new Project (so MPC can scan your Synth folder again) and voila! Your new custom preset will now load when creating a new instance of said program. This works for any of the new plugins located in the Synth content folder. If you like the factory default preset, you should probably back that up somewhere before doing this, because once the default is overwritten, you can't get it back without reinstalling the factory Synth content folder again (or just copy that default preset back to its relative folder).

Anyway...

By KaoticShock Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 pm
This is Brilliant! Thank you so much for the info! I've been wonder if this was possible or how to do this. Will it work for all the plugins? Tubesynth, Electric, etc.? So much faster than having to load a preset each time I use an instance of the plugin.
By Ultros Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm
Be sure to back up the default preset though! don't just replace it. You may still want it, just not in the first spot. Move it to the end of the list naming it 999-Default and then saving your fave to 000-default
By Ultros Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:58 am
What we should do is try to gather up a group of us to gen a buncha patches and make our own user geneated preset pack. It's not something that would be done in a day but it'd be a worthy project.
By Ultros Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:33 am
KaoticShock wrote:I got it to work for Hype, no luck for Tubesynth tho. Any suggestions on where the presets are located for the first 3 plugins?

they are on the internal drive on the root file system where you have no access to them. I have scraped them, here you go.

Synths.zip