MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Losangeles Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 am
I’m using the MPC X with all of the outputs routed to my analog channel mixer.

I noticed when I have the Direct/Main knob set entirely to the left (i.e. direct), the main output (output 1,2) is completely muted despite the master volume being almost entirely raised. To be clear, the sound doesn’t even make it to my mixer from the MPC when the knob is entirely to the ‘Direct’ setting.

The manual states the Direct/Main knob functions to adjust the relative monitoring source(s) via the headphone jacks.. so why is it affecting the main outputs? I could see this being potentially disastrous in a live or recording session! :?
By Losangeles Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 pm
I do know how to monitor, and that is separate. More so what I’m asking is: how could Akai be so careless in not mentioning that the effect of the parameter is ALSO routed to the main output; in the manual, the whole explanation of the parameter is prefaced by writing that it is applied “…in the headphones.”

Perhaps this is a good opportunity to sell me on the thoroughness of the MPC Bible. For comparison, can anyone paste an excerpt of how it explains this parameter, please?
By Ultros Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 am
lol i bet he has the trs cables in backwards. left into right and right into left and the mixer is defaulting to a mono setting. not even sw related its *stereo* circuit related. (may be wrong though).

Or maybe he hit the mono button on the back side of the mixer (if its a rack mixer).