MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SuthernSound Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:33 am
I'm trying to figure out how to send pitch bend commands to TubeSynth while playing the pads.

This is on page 238 of the 2.10.1 manual:

"Important: To use these parameters, make sure that a connected MIDI device can send pitch bend messages as
well as aftertouch and modulation wheel data."

There is some mention of how to perform a pitch bend in the STUDIO section of the manual but I don't think it relates to the LIVE II.

Is it possible to perform a pitch bend while playing the pads using TubeSynth on the LIVE II without using an external controller or is the manual correct and I need to plug a controller in?
By SuthernSound Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:12 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I don't believe pitch bend is available as a q-Link assignable parameter for any type of program, in fact the new MPC Studio Mk 2 touch strip is currently the only way to control pitch bend (and mod wheel) directly from MPC hardware.

Thanks very much for confirming this, although the news is super disappointing I'll stop worrying I've missed something now.

Playing the built in synths is fun and they sound great but really, pitch bends are a strong part of how I play and if I need to plug in a controller ... well I could do that with my laptop.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 am
I've always been bemused by the lack of pitch bend/mod wheel control on the MPC, but hopefully the touchstrip on the new Studio is going to become a staple feature of future standalone hardware.

But yeah, the whole 'standalone in the box, I can't stand working with a computer' concept for some people now sure does seem to include all manner of cables, external synths, usb hubs, controllers, interfaces, computer keyboards, touchscreen pens etc :)
By 83dude Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:22 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I've always been bemused by the lack of pitch bend/mod wheel control on the MPC, but hopefully the touchstrip on the new Studio is going to become a staple feature of future standalone hardware.

But yeah, the whole 'standalone in the box, I can't stand working with a computer' concept for some people now sure does seem to include all manner of cables, external synths, usb hubs, controllers, interfaces, computer keyboards, touchscreen pens etc :)

You were reading my mind, weren‘t you? Couldn‘t have said it better. :worthy: