MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Baron Rouge Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:33 am
Hi guys, first post here so hoping I’ve followed the etiquette. I have the strangest behaviour with MPC One. As the title suggests, Ableton Link works perfectly for about 7 seconds then drops out.

I am connected to my home network via the One’s Ethernet port and can access Splice, perform system updates etc. I have a variety of Link-capable apps across a variety or wired and wireless devices, and everything works perfectly, except MPC.

As soon as I enable Link on Ableton, or e.g. an iPad app, the MPC syncs, the little scrolling bar runs across the MPC screen to indicate sync, then after 7 seconds it drops. Switch Link off and on on the other device, reconnects, then same again.

Tried every possible combination of connections and everything works great except the same weird behaviour from the MPC.

Anyone seen anything like this or got any ideas? Tried searching every forum going but can’t see anyone else having this issue.