MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CHOSKY_17 Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:01 am
Good morning crew!
I have bought an Mpc again and the first thing I have done as soon as I update is to see if the same thing continues to happen to me.

Ableton Link ->
Two tracks with a hihat: one the mpc and the other the Rytm sequenced from Ableton.

The mpc by Link is slightly behind Ableton, in mode controller it is fine.

Can something be done?
Is the same thing happening to you?

By NearTao Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm
a person could spend years fighting between midi latency, audio latency, buffer latency...

are you using wireless or wired for Ableton control? For tighter timing due to faster throughput of the network you may want to make sure you're using an ethernet connection for both your PC and MPC if you are not.

Ricky Tinez has a ton of videos trying to solve this type of problem... though I don't think he's specifically gone into controller mode.
By CHOSKY_17 Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:56 pm
NearTao wrote:a person could spend years fighting between midi latency, audio latency, buffer latency...

are you using wireless or wired for Ableton control? For tighter timing due to faster throughput of the network you may want to make sure you're using an ethernet connection for both your PC and MPC if you are not.

Ricky Tinez has a ton of videos trying to solve this type of problem... though I don't think he's specifically gone into controller mode.

I have tried in controller mode and it also goes wrong.
It doesn't go square :(

AriLexie wrote:maybe clock and sequence the rhythm from the mpc?

The idea was to have two setups.
One for study and one for live.
But it will be the solution, connect all the synthesizers to mpc.