MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:33 pm
1-8-8-1 wrote:just watched the sonicstate video, Andy seemed to dodge the "will MPC get the disk streaming?" question

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's really good at dodging questions.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:00 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Almost sure MPC will get it too (except for MPC One)..

Can you imagine the absolute *RAGE* that would occur if MPC One owners are left out? Nah, I suspect that if/when it does appear on MPC, the One users will also get it. I'd wager that the MPC One is their best selling MPC, due to price alone. Don't want to piss those users off. :nod:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 pm
I really can't see them risking the customer meltdown they would get if holding back features for the MPC One, they already reversed the decision to initially omit Ableton Control and USB file transfer. I suspect streaming from a fast, good quality SD card should be fine, but I'm going to test this fully and write it up for MPC-tutor.com. But I'm not going to assume that it's coming to any MPC.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:But I'm not going to assume that it's coming to any MPC.

Not before sometime in 2022 anyway (if we're lucky). :lol:
By NewAkaiUser Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:00 pm
Maybe that's why they delayed adding disk streaming? It would definitely separate One from the rest of the family.
As far as I know, MPC One has a usb 2.0 controller, which will slow down the fastest card.
In the 3.1 firmware presentation for Force, they loading project and 100 audio clips in seconds.
It seems to me that the speed might not be enough to handle so many files at once.
By ace_of_dub Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:13 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I really can't see them risking the customer meltdown they would get if holding back features for the MPC One, they already reversed the decision to initially omit Ableton Control and USB file transfer. I suspect streaming from a fast, good quality SD card should be fine, but I'm going to test this fully and write it up for MPC-tutor.com. But I'm not going to assume that it's coming to any MPC.

The SP404 did this already, so the MPC should also be able to stream from a SD card. There is no technical limitation here in theory. It will depend on the speed of the SD card.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:20 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:As far as I know, MPC One has a usb 2.0 controller, which will slow down the fastest card. .

USB 2.0 bandwidth is easily fast enough to accomodate disc streaming. We've been doing disc streaming and multi-channel audio with it for many, many years. ;)
By Ultros Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 pm
LOL.

Really though, that's exciting as hell and a step in a good direction on akais part.

*Edit* yay for disc *steaming*.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm
Ultros wrote:LOL.

*Edit* yay for disc *steaming*.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that! :smoker:

By jabberwalky Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:47 pm
Surely the MPC will get it. So what would you even do with disk streaming? I guess it's cool for playing backing tracks. Is that the goal? Genuinely curious why this feature is such a big deal for everyone. I'm sure I will implement it too, but I just don't know how yet. How would disk streaming without an arranger work?