MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By emdog Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:35 pm
I plan on using this for my force, but I assume anything that works with the MPC will also work with the Force in regards to audio interfaces.

Does anyone have any high end audio interfaces working with these units? I'm looking for something that has at least 8 inputs. My apogee symphony does not work with my MPCs. I am looking for something like apogee, antelope audio, RME, or better.
By Ultros Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:16 am
Heads up. If you're buying an interface 8 stereo ins is max audio chans for the akai line of products. you cant have more than 8 audio tracks in force or mpc. So buying anything larger is overkill and an epic waste of money.
By frankie13 Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:19 pm
I have not done extensive testing, but my RME UFX works in Class compliant mode.

The nice thing about this interface is that it is essentially a digital mixer so you can set levels and monitor all the inputs directly on the device. With this feature the audio track limitation doesn't really come into play as you can monitor everything without using an audio track.
By DokBrown Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:47 pm
Some1 should post a spreadsheet with tested/approved interfaces.
The data is already in this forum, we just need some1 to compile it
By Monotremata Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:09 pm
DokBrown wrote:Some1 should post a spreadsheet with tested/approved interfaces.
The data is already in this forum, we just need some1 to compile it

Even then its not all accurate either. We've got some users with Focusrite interfaces that work, other users with the same interfaces that dont work. A couple of us using the Behringer UMC1820 have no trouble but another guy just posted a few days ago his pops and clicks like its got a sync/sample rate issue going on..
By emdog Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:46 am
Ultros wrote:Heads up. If you're buying an interface 8 stereo ins is max audio chans for the akai line of products. you cant have more than 8 audio tracks in force or mpc. So buying anything larger is overkill and an epic waste of money.

So when it says

"the MPC One, MPC Live II or MPCX is that 2.10 now offers the support to host any class-compliant USB audio interface, for a maximum of 32 inputs and outputs."

The max audio tracks you can record at once is 8? so what the hell does it support 32 for?
By emdog Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:05 am
frankie13 wrote:I have not done extensive testing, but my RME UFX works in Class compliant mode.

The nice thing about this interface is that it is essentially a digital mixer so you can set levels and monitor all the inputs directly on the device. With this feature the audio track limitation doesn't really come into play as you can monitor everything without using an audio track.

Yea I was thinking of getting this one. I used to have the UFX ii + but got rid of it.
By Zack Zerox Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 pm
emdog wrote:
Ultros wrote:Heads up. If you're buying an interface 8 stereo ins is max audio chans for the akai line of products. you cant have more than 8 audio tracks in force or mpc. So buying anything larger is overkill and an epic waste of money.

So when it says

"the MPC One, MPC Live II or MPCX is that 2.10 now offers the support to host any class-compliant USB audio interface, for a maximum of 32 inputs and outputs."

The max audio tracks you can record at once is 8? so what the hell does it support 32 for?

Also, it's 8 stereo tracks. So 16 channels - potentially you could capture 16 mono sources on the 8 tracks as live, then manipulate them after. (Split back to mono, chop into programs etc)

Also it's about routing - you can leave gear plumbed in & ready to go.
By audiohack Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:29 pm
frankie13 wrote:I have not done extensive testing, but my RME UFX works in Class compliant mode.

I'm glad your UFX is, mine isn't. I've not been able to get a clean recording over USB from my RME UFX in class compliant mode. Random pops and clicks every time.

My RME Babyface Pro on the other hand, is working. I've been using it for the last few weeks with no issues with recording into my Live II. It's limited on physical inputs so I'm running additional inputs into the Babyface over ADAT from a Ferrofish Pulse.
By frankie13 Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm
Hmm, seems I’m having similar issue. Works great for monitoring, but any recording I make from the UFX has clicks.
Bummer.
I wonder if there’s another class compliant device that allows for making monitor mixes…
Doubt we’ll see a fix for this.