MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 64hz Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am
NearTao wrote:it's not Force vs MPC... we're on the same team :)

This and I highly doubt 80% 9f the user base is here because AKAI would be bankrupt then lol.
By eight_trx Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm
i feel like im the only one that thinks mpc live was meant to be a standalone mpc and akai force was meant to be a standalone push. force/push, get it? i think they share a lot in common but there is a reason its not called the mpc force.
By 40Beatz Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:58 pm
I've had The New Breed since 2017...and its Came A LOOONGGG WAYY! From the original 2.1.0 Firmware.

The Original Purpose of the New Models were targeted for Standalone Use. But...Many new users were from a DAW type environment, and requested and requested and requested DAW-Like features and Connectivity to be added.

It makes Financial Sense(Cents) for AKAI to keep Force and MPC features kind of Separate!
By kadabriel Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:37 pm
eight_trx wrote:i feel like im the only one that thinks mpc live was meant to be a standalone mpc and akai force was meant to be a standalone push. force/push, get it? i think they share a lot in common but there is a reason its not called the mpc force.

you are probably not alone there may be others. i am just not one

but what is the reason?

i would buy the force yeasterday if it had a 90 degree tilted screen and. but as a guy how has been on chemo for 5 years i want an ergonomic standalone device, with EVERYTHING! i love the mpc because of it small and has a good battery, and an ergonomic screen placement.

the force would be perfect for Gollum. LOL
By jabberwalky Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 pm
kadabriel wrote:i would buy the force yeasterday if it had a 90 degree tilted screen and. but as a guy how has been on chemo for 5 years i want an ergonomic standalone device, with EVERYTHING! i love the mpc because of it small and has a good battery, and an ergonomic screen placement.

I had the same experience with the Force. It is just a piss poor hardware design. Wouldn't fit anyone in my studio, and I always felt a mile away from it. If they made a Force in the same enclosure as the Live (with 32pads or something), I'd probably just switch over.
By eight_trx Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 pm
kadabriel wrote:
eight_trx wrote:i feel like im the only one that thinks mpc live was meant to be a standalone mpc and akai force was meant to be a standalone push. force/push, get it? i think they share a lot in common but there is a reason its not called the mpc force.

you are probably not alone there may be others. i am just not one

but what is the reason?

i would buy the force yeasterday if it had a 90 degree tilted screen and. but as a guy how has been on chemo for 5 years i want an ergonomic standalone device, with EVERYTHING! i love the mpc because of it small and has a good battery, and an ergonomic screen placement.

my preciousssss (in classic akai timestretch)

i think they fit different needs. lets get the whole DAW deal completely out of the conversation for a second. you've got a MPC that thats got the classic workflow with maxed out tracks and memory. for a lot of us, like myself, this mpc is king of the beats, i dont have any issues with it. i see the rest of the stuff they added as extra QOL features for the touchscreen, not a DAW replacement. on the other hand you've got force which has the classic ableton workflow of session clips and recording to arrangement. have you seen people chop up phrases and flip them on an ableton push? sure yeah, lots of people do. but admit as a mpc user, its kinda funny to watch. its no different than a push user watching us try to fire off clips on a mpc. i like the workflow of the mpc and dont want to make loops to record into arranger. i feel like akai was part of abletons push development from the getgo and made their own standalone version for *that* workflow. considering they're both running the same software, its possible to have the same features across both units. mpc for those who want a mpc, "force" for those who want a push.

i think.
By KaoticShock Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:24 am
My best friend got an Ableton Push 2 when it came out. He recently upgraded to the Force. It's fun because we have the best of both worlds. I agree that Force is really just a standalone push with MPC style sampling capabilities and Ableton style clip launching.