MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By druki Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:04 am
Heya,
so, everything seems to be working fine on my mpc- except, i just can't enter song mode..
if i go to the main menu and select song mode- nothing happens, it just stays on that menu, there's a brief selection highlight on the song mode button, but it stays in the main menu page.
I've tried opening a new project, hitting song mode, Tried setting up a couple of sequences, the next sequence button works, and i've tried to convert that to a song, and then enter song mode, still nothing..
any advice ? is there anything specific i need to do to enable song mode ? am I missing something obvious ?

thanks
dru
By druki Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:22 pm
Hey, I'm not sure what it was, but I'm able to access it now, perhaps i hadn't properly created a song from my next sequence.. thing

thanks for the answers!
By dloc Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:13 am
0011 wrote:Try accessing song mode when the mpc is not playing music. First stop the sequencer and then go to song mode.

That worked for me but is that normal, why can’t it be accessed while music is playing?
By DokBrown Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:55 pm
Yep, SONG MODE does not take well to working with other modes/screens.
You basically have to stay in song mode