MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kidkeitel Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:03 am
What's going on fellas,

I just recieved my 3RD REPLACEMENT unit... First one was sent back due to faulty headphone jack. Second unit had a warped bottom that wobbled like your favorite diner table and had issues updating to 2.10.1 so Inmusic replaced it again (since they refused to refund me because it was purchased through a 3rd party) and it showed up with the SAME EXACT WOBBLY FOOTING - not the same device but a brand spanking new one. This is absurd.

I knew Inmusic QC was trash but this is just unacceptable. Is anyone else having this issue? You cant make this shit up. I literally have to put a piece of paper in between the rubber foot just to level it. I shouldnt have to do this...

3 units, yo. T H R E E !

my bad, I'm Livid. what are my options here besides flying to Inmusic hq and cold cockin them in the head with said unit?

These fools need to send me a live 2 retro for all the trouble

rant over
By Ultros Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:02 am
Are you sure your table isnt warped or sitting crooked? I had the same issue with one of my tables, turned out that the foot of the table was sitting in the crevis between my tiles. once all four feet were firmly planted the mpc sat squarely on the table.

Got a level? check it from front to back, side to side, and then in an x?

I know im probably way off but who knows sometimes little stuff isnt obvious.
By kidkeitel Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:07 pm
UPDATE: After a "karen" level email threatening to round up every akai user with issues to file a class action lawsuit, a supevisor immedietly called (in less than an hour) saying theyre shipping out a new unit today (without having to ship the faulty unit first). Well see how this one pans out. :popcorn:
By Seedylee Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:48 am
I had this issue with my MPC One.

Solution was to loosen (not remove) the screws on the bottom, put it down on an absolutely flat surface, push down on all four corners, then retighten the screws.

Took less time than looking up Akai’s phone number :)
By 40Beatz Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:42 pm
Man! I need to Use that Karen Technique at my Job. I may get a Raise.....Or Fired :lol:
By kidkeitel Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:04 pm
Seedylee wrote:I had this issue with my MPC One.

Solution was to loosen (not remove) the screws on the bottom, put it down on an absolutely flat surface, push down on all four corners, then retighten the screws.

Took less time than looking up Akai’s phone number :)

oh believe me I tried that. while it worked to a degree it still didnt sit completely flush, still had to set a piece of a paper between the base and the rubber foot. some are more warped than others. a friend of mine had the same issue but not as bad, rescrewing did the job.
By kidkeitel Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:05 pm
40Beatz wrote:Man! I need to Use that Karen Technique at my Job. I may get a Raise.....Or Fired :lol:

thats called Unionizing, and yes you will most likely get fired first. haha
By Ultros Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 pm
I tried using my mpc on a flat surface and it worked for a while but quickly realised it's not a comfortable viewing position and bought one if these.

Doesn't matter if its a bit warped then heh.