MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:46 am
I think I have discovered a way to run the force 3.0.6 (cant do 3.10 yet) software on ANY MPC without installing a firmware or tampering with any internal drives or content what-so-ever.

Massive discovery! Another user put me wise to some information however I don't want to let the cat out of the bag on them.

Their discovery inturn lead to my own thus I must wait or get a green light to post the info before i proceed.

I also have to do a bit of coding and testing to develop an idiot proof method that is garanteed to work across all units..

Couple days.
By andreat668 Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:49 am
would it be possible the other way around?
I mean installing Mpc 2.10 into a 3.11 (Os) Force.
By Ultros Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:35 pm
andreat668 wrote:would it be possible the other way around?

eeeek probably not actually there is a different libc between the two operating systems. The compatability is between 2.10 and 3.0.6.
By andreat668 Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:03 pm
Ultros wrote:
andreat668 wrote:would it be possible the other way around?

eeeek probably not actually there is a different libc between the two operating systems. The compatability is between 2.10 and 3.0.6.

So when MPC standalone OS catch up with Force OS, in terms of libc, I should be able to get Mpc os on my force right? :smoker:
By andreat668 Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:05 pm
I guess Force 3.11 OS is going to be same libc as future Mpc 2.11 OS?
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:28 pm
Nice find Ultros,

But does this include a fix for the button mapping?
By Ultros Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Nice find Ultros,

But does this include a fix for the button mapping?

Naw, someone gave me some code and I found out how to exploit the content updater to run a script that shuts off the mpc software and initalizes force from usb on a stock firmware. No modding needed. That is all.

you dont really need those interface buttons, you can record samples, and the arrangement. then bounce your arrangement to a track and save the project. the resulting wav from your bounced arrangement is the final render.

Not ready yet anyways, but it will be a safe way for all mpc users to enjoy things they were fearful of trying before.
By Ultros Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 pm
andreat668 wrote:So when MPC standalone OS catch up with Force OS, in terms of libc, I should be able to get Mpc os on my force right? :smoker:

Yeah hopefully so, but if akai dev members read my thread they may not change it..
By EnochLight Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:33 am
Ultros wrote:I think I have discovered a way to run the force 3.0.6 ... software on ANY MPC without installing a firmware or tampering with any internal drives or content what-so-ever. ..

I mean... that's really neat and all, but Force 3.06 is a major step backwards compared to MPC 2.10, IMHO. You'd literally be losing a ton of features, plugins, sampler improvements, etc. Aside for "proof of concept", I can see no value in doing this to any MPC (unless you're dying to get your hands on the Arranger)?
By DokBrown Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:44 pm
You are brave; I’m just gonna break some bread & cop a FORCE ;-)
By Ultros Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:26 am
Me too, when i get off my wallet! I'm really holding out for the dang force 6 keyboard workstation. That'll be the unit worth buying. (if its even a real thing)
By jabberwalky Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:09 pm
I sure hope that when the workstation version comes out, it is a merger of the 2 systems, and all the knobs can be properly routed to mod destinations.
By eight_trx Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:39 am
i hope so too but my gut tells me otherwise. my heart wants to say whatever they did to cut the 64 pads of the force in half would work for the mpcs 16 pads.. combining the two would make one or the other irrelevant. business wise i dont see akai doing it. im sure we will continue to get shared features but i think the workflows will stay separate (clips vs og mpc).

jabberwalky wrote:I sure hope that when the workstation version comes out, it is a merger of the 2 systems, and all the knobs can be properly routed to mod destinations.