MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By peabreu Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 pm
Anyone knows how to get out of warranty service from Akai in Europe. Been trying for weeks to no avail as no one answers emails, namely Inmusic in Germany, and all I want is to seqnd the unit for paid service as it is out of warranty. Is this acceptable? Been dealing with studio equipment since the 80's and never seen this attitude froma large company ever. Its an MPCX so its not a cheap item.
Incredible because companies like Arturia, Focusrite are not exactly small and respond on the spot and honor their commitment with costumers, now this from Akai is just unbelievable.
By Neurone Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:29 pm
Akai pro are on Twitter with 128K followers.
Post a testy tweet see what happens !
By peabreu Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:23 pm
Thanks for advise, unfortunately I am "alergic" to tweeter, instagram, etc... but sure it is a valid suggestion to call them directly.
By Zack Zerox Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 am
Yeah, I phoned Akai UK a couple of years back when I damaged one of the USB ports on my Live. They were responsive & helpful (though in the end I didn't bother with the return, I just use the port for permanently housing a micro USB drive for backups and attach a hub to the other one).
By ace_of_dub Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:39 am
Just to shim in on a tangential matter. there are literally cloud services out there where one can rent workers for customer service or online secretaries, it's extremely cheap and most of the demands can be triaged by non technical people. I used these myself for my business and was able to manage more than a thousand customer demands that way, for less that 500 bucks a month, cost factored in the product.

InMusic, AKAI and co have absolutely zero excuses for not answering emails.

If you can't get into contact with AKAI directly, they must have an official distributor in your country, try to contact the latter.

I sent an email to Arturia on a Friday evening and got a response (and complete resolution) within the hour.

Same, on a freaking Sunday, someone answered my email to Arturia...
By DeaDeus Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:21 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:Just to shim in on a tangential matter. there are literally cloud services out there where one can rent workers for customer service or online secretaries, it's extremely cheap and most of the demands can be triaged by non technical people. I used these myself for my business and was able to manage more than a thousand customer demands that way, for less that 500 bucks a month, cost factored in the product.

InMusic, AKAI and co have absolutely zero excuses for not answering emails.

If you can't get into contact with AKAI directly, they must have an official distributor in your country, try to contact the latter.

I sent an email to Arturia on a Friday evening and got a response (and complete resolution) within the hour.

Same, on a freaking Sunday, someone answered my email to Arturia...

This makes my day.... being completely frustrated (again). I never tried to contact them because of the f***ed SD drive. Too many people around the world are unhappy about AKAI support - so I reduced my frustration by not even trying to contact them.

This makes me happy again - it is all not new:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22it%27s+a+m ... Q5xZhnebMI
By Ill-Green Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:04 pm
You have to check your spam folder weekly if you want to contact them via email.

I've been communicating with them these past months and although they are real distastefully slow, they answered.

The first thing you get is a confirmation. Then a week or two later, the solution is in the spam box. Don't know why, or why Akai hasn't fixed it yet.
By Monotremata Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:34 am
Ill-Green wrote:You have to check your spam folder weekly if you want to contact them via email.

I've been communicating with them these past months and although they are real distastefully slow, they answered.

The first thing you get is a confirmation. Then a week or two later, the solution is in the spam box. Don't know why, or why Akai hasn't fixed it yet.

Thats your mail client or server doing that for whatever reason. It happens to us too all the time. Ive been in the middle of support tickets with customers and all of a sudden they drop off the face of the earth. For whatever reason Gmail in particular likes to decide in the middle of an ongoing thread to start junking our customerservice@viewsonic emails. Had a guy a few months back was getting ready to write me a pissed off email thinking I was ignoring him.. Checked his spam folder and had a months worth of 'Hey let me know if you still need help' messages that for some reason started going there instead of his inbox.
By peabreu Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:13 am
As a followup. Since my last email in the thread I contacted Inmusic again by email encouraged by one of the posters that indicated their reply back was sort of a hit and miss sometimes taking over one week as it did.

Well, when I got the reply I could explain what I needed (out of warranty service) and after that things went smoothly and quickly to be honest. They got in touch with German InMusic service ( central customer service is based in UK but I am in the EU). Soon they got back to me with a form to fill and after that I got an RMA. After shipping the unit to Germany by UPS I was ready for a few months without the unit given how slow was the initial process but to my surprise a couple days after they received the unit I got the proforma invoice for the repair and within one week the unit was serviced and shipped back with very good shipping price.

So, to summ things up. It was a bumpy ride in the beguining but after that all was smooth and extremely fast. I am happy that AKAI still is backed up by a good professional after sales service in Europe as I expected as a client since the 80s. So, my suggestion is contact Akai Inmusic europe support and have a bit of patience in the beguining because then you will be rewarded with good efficient service.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:03 am
peabreu wrote: I am happy that AKAI still is backed up by a good professional after sales service in Europe as I expected as a client since the 80s.

Glad it all worked out in the end, but worth noting that the Akai of the 80s and 90s bears absolutely no relation to the inMusic brand currently trading as Akai Pro. All they did was buy up the rights in a fire sale back in (approx) 2002.

But yes, I do hear that generally speaking inMusic are pretty good with sorting repairs, it's just getting through in the first place that can be challenging.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:43 am
Well to be fair I don't think they were ever particularly good at responding to support emails, so looks like people still buy all their stuff regardless. Seems to be a thing with most companies these days, threadbare customer support, rely on passionate customers via third party sites to support your products.
By DeaDeus Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:... rely on passionate customers via third party sites to support your products.

You are one of them Tutor. Your effort is great. Thanks to you... :worthy:
By mrmarbury Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:17 am
I have had two support requests with inmusic Germany and so far they have answered me within a day and it went back and forth for some time so they even respond to answers ... I even where able to file a bug report that way and got an answer how and what will be sent to the devs. So German support seems to not be as bad as US service? But glad it worked out for you in the end