MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By S3lect Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm
Hi guys,

Quick question, is it possible to run an USB audio interface a midi keybord and different synthesizer over an usb Hub which is connected to the mpc one ?
Hope you can help me :)

Greetings
Sebastian
By S3lect Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:15 am
Monotremata wrote:Yes it is.

Very nice, thank you for your fast reply 8)
So it is possible to connect a bunch of stuff over an usb hub regardless of what it is, that’s great :worthy:

Greets Sebastian
By Ultros Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:43 pm
and usb soundcards work too! hub it up! just make sure you buy a powed hub, thats vital. the mpc usb port only allows for .5 amps which isnt enough to power a pile of devices.
By S3lect Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm
Ultros wrote:and usb soundcards work too! hub it up! just make sure you buy a powed hub, thats vital. the mpc usb port only allows for .5 amps which isnt enough to power a pile of devices.

Thank you for your for your answer!
Glad I bought a powered usb hub, than every thing should work :worthy:
By enzyme Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:22 pm
I'm new to MPC but I would not recommend plugging multiple USB audio devices in. Even high powered computers have problems with that. 1 audio device and a few USB midi devices should be ok though, not sure if the Boutiques can turn USB audio off but if they can, just run the audio through the Tascam mixer.

You may already know this, but I just thought it should be pointed out :smoker:
By Ultros Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:50 pm
eight_trx wrote:so i could for example have a tascam mixer plugged into usb, and a few roland boutiques all plugged into the usb hub and they all show up? how do you determine the outputs etc?

Totally eight_trx. Lots of fellas here are rockin' tascam's and yep with a hub you can usb midi as many devices as you can fit.

Thinkin about setting up a boutique rack? There's some pretty neat modules.

Also once you plug in your tascam interface the mpc will notify you of the other audio interfaces recognition, then you can choose different channels just like you do with the internal soundcard.

Any soundcard you plug in (thats compatible) will become the selected audio interface and disable the internal.
By DeaDeus Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:21 pm
I am still routing MIDI signals over a 3 MIDI in and 8 channel MIDI thru hub by MIDIMAN. Not in sale anymore. But it gives you full routing control of data without plugging and software.
Daisy chain and/or spider web (as I call it)
But I am an old man and I love things if they "do-what-they-should-do"
By Ultros Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:56 pm
DeaDeus wrote:I am still routing MIDI signals over a 3 MIDI in and 8 channel MIDI thru hub by MIDIMAN. Not in sale anymore. But it gives you full routing control of data without plugging and software.
Daisy chain and/or spider web (as I call it)
But I am an old man and I love things if they "do-what-they-should-do"

Din all the way buddy, this new usb midi standard is for the birds.
By S3lect Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:15 pm
Ultros wrote:and usb soundcards work too! hub it up! just make sure you buy a powed hub, thats vital. the mpc usb port only allows for .5 amps which isnt enough to power a pile of devices.

I am not sure if I am dumb or it does not work :-D
If got my mpc one, hooked up with the behringer xenyx q802usb and some synthesizer wich are connected to the xenyx… everything works fine but recording the synthesizer into the mpc does not work or to be more precise does not work with sound from the mpc… I have to switch modes on the xenyx… I can hear mpc and synthesizers or I can hear synthesizers and record in to the mpc but have no sound from the mpc…

But I want to record into the mpc and want to hear e.g the kick which comes from the mpc…is that possible ?

Greets
Sebastian
By S3lect Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:11 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:There can be ONLY ONE AUDIO USB device working at the same time.

There is no such limitation with MIDI devices. So no, you can't have 15 boutiques plugged with USB and expect all them to transmit AUDIO.

Thanks for the reply,

if I think correctly there is only one USB audio device but maybe i am wrong... I have the Behringe Xenxy connected via USB to a USb HUB that is connected to the MPC. Then I have 2 synthesizers connected to the same hub for MIDI but the audio signal of the synthesizers goes into the interface, or is that already multiple USB audio devices?
My intention is that I would like to record the synthesizers into the MPC while the MPC is playing drum sound, but that doesn't really work because when I set the interface so that I get input into the MPC, no more drum sound comes from the MPC....

Greets
Sebastian