MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tjoh311 Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 pm
Hey,
Here's the scenario... in a drum program using a simple kick sample on any pad... Going into Program Edit> Effects, on the second page. If I add ANY effect, it produces a pop, but only when the sample is played twice quickly. ( like a 16th note). If I turn the Drum fx off, it stops. I tried messing with the amp envelope to see if it was just overloading the FX program... and it didn't seem to help. Is any one else experiencing this? Anyone found a fix?
By 40Beatz Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:36 pm
I suggest Playing with the Attack of the Drum Sample in the Amp Envelope. That should help get rid of that "Pop"
By tjoh311 Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:32 pm
Tried that as stated above... it's not a sample artifact. It occurs only on the second hit if they are close together.
By tjoh311 Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:40 am
OK... well, at the very least, I'm not the only one... I kind of figured such a feature would be too good to be true at this point. Maybe next update.
By DeaDeus Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 pm
tjoh311 wrote:OK... well, at the very least, I'm not the only one... I kind of figured such a feature would be too good to be true at this point. Maybe next update.

I gave up on drums in the MPCX - not only due to this clickery-clack.
My aged RS7K on 16 tracks (no hand made samples though) is a good rythm machine.
What ever you like - thin and quirky - or fat and phased - I record (audio) the sound into sequences of the MPCX - and here we go...
My MPCX becomes more and more a "tape" recorder to finalize a song.
(I am not a DAW man - too much clicking, where I should do music - but this is my way of doing it...)