MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Michael Wirtz Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:04 pm
Hi there...
I am super happy with the MPC Live so far. But I still have a question regarding a special set-up.

I would like to use the MPC to trigger the clavia nord drum 3p - works fine.
The nord drum 3p receives MIDI on 6 separate MIDI channels - works fine.

To automate the CC values, the nord drum needs to receive for e.g. the same CC values, but on dedicated MIDI channels (in this setup channel 1-6).
(If the nord drum receives the same CC value on global channel 10, the same parameter on all the 6 instrument pads of the nord drum are going to be changed).
For this reason, I would like to use the novation launch control with its huge amount of poties.
As the launch control only provides USB out, it needs to be fed through the MPC.
I managed it to work, but I always need to be on the dedicated track to change its CC value.
What I am looking for is a way to program the MPC and/or the novation MIDI controller, so that it can change the CC values for MIDI channels 1-6, independent of which track on the MPC is active. 
In my actual setup, it only works for the nord pad (channel 1) when I am on track 1 of the MPC.
If I would like to change the CC values on the nord pad (MIDI channel 2), I need to be on track 2 on the MPC. Then the dedicated MIDI Potie on the novation is fed through.
Hopefully you can help me with this.

A solution can be to purchase a MIDI merger, and have MPC notes on one MIDI cable and the other MIDI cable comes from the novation launchcontrol (but as this only provides USB MIDI, I need to buy another controller).

Any ideas?

BR Michael