MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By countjus Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:00 pm
Does anyone know how to find the MPC IP ddress for the Network MIDI program on my computer? my MPC Live II isnt showing up when i open the program. I want to add a device but cannot locate the IP address of my MPC.
By Monotremata Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:08 am
If you only have one MPC, it should be the only IP address that shows up in the Network MIDI app's list. If nothing shows up in the Network MIDI app, then make sure you turned on whatever network interface you are using in the MPC and make sure you're on the same network as the computer. There's not much more to it. If you use a VPN, make sure it allows you to talk to local traffic or just turn it off.
By ebone Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:55 am
Hello! i am having this same problem- not sure how to fix it as i have done everything as instructed and the IP address is not showing up. Any other tips?
By Gearwacz Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:16 am
Monotremata wrote:Or you can just go into the MPCs Network/Wifi preferences and find the network address right there on the MPC itself.

Ethernet shows the IP address if a cable is plugged in, but Wifi only shows a list of available access points, no IP. Looking under Preferences on my MPC Live II, 2.10.1

**edit** in Wifi, you have to press Shift, then an Info button appears, tap that, and the IP address is there.
By Zuwolf84 Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:46 am
HOW I SOLVED IT on my mpc live II:

.update windows
.firewall on my PC OFF
.reinstall the AKAI PROFESSIONAL NETWORK MIDI
.ON the akai mpc PREFERENCES . MIDY SYNC.then check the following options .RECEIVE ABLETON LINK
ABLETON START STOP SYNC ON, RECEIVE MMC ON

Reboot.

I never come to forums or make any comments in general on the internet. BUt this thing took 2 days of my life. F U akai for nor adressing this issue that so many people have.

I hope you fix it guys, check for other comments on the internet about this issue
By hyena Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:12 pm
i had the same issue but erratically, then i found a solution:
my home network was setup by default to connect each time either to 2.4ghz or 3.something ghz. the mpc could only "see" my computer when it connected to the 3.something. i entered the modem admin via browser and found the option to split the network in two separate entries, each one always fixed in its own frequency. so i always connect the computer to the 3 something, and the mpc only sees this and totally ignores the 2.4ghz.
now its perfectly stable.