MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By gumbo23 Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am
I got the MPC One to trigger my modular rack, but am brand new to it and can only get one trigger to work. Other forums tell me to find videos walkthroughs on YouTube, but I cannot find any that do what I need. So, can anyone go step by step on how you set this up? Thanks
By NearTao Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:04 pm
You need to make new CV programs.

I'd advice making for example "CV Clock", set CV to off and Gate to CV1, and then make a consistent trigger of 1/4 or 1/16 note (or whatever works for you). For me I name the Track and the Program the same name to reduce confusion.

Then I'd create a "CV Reset", create a new program with the +, set CV to off and Gate to CV2, and then have a single note at the start of your 1.1.1 bar (probably not necessary for anything other than 1.1.1, and will then work for you regardless of number of bars).

There's a ton of things I've done to workaround issues, but this should get you started at least.

Does that help? I can see if I have some time to make a quick video to show how I do this.
By gumbo23 Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:01 pm
From Andy Mack at Akai:

You can trigger up to 8 drum sounds via the CV Gate outs. You’ll need to use Melodic mode

On the “Main Home” page when CV track type is selected, you need to select the (4 Pad) tab icon to the right of the CV Program channel. On the far right, you’ll then see another 4 Pad icon. Press this.

You can now select any of the pads to send out of any or the same ports and which data type. (Gate, Velocity, Note)

Please see below a video regarding the CV outputs.

About Those Akai MPC X CV Outputs (sonicstate.com)

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/03/15/ ... v-outputs/
By gumbo23 Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm
I am set up, but the clock is always off beat with the sequencer. It seems I managed it once, but today I cannot get the MPC to accurately clock the Usta. I am using 1/64 TC. Any ideas what I cold look at to fix this?
By gumbo23 Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:19 am
NearTao wrote:Not familiar with the Usta, will have to look it up.

Are you sending a clock reset at all? It's possible it may work better with a 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16th note otherwise?

I tried a few different time divisions and that seems to have cured it. Thanks NT.