MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SuperKonquer Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:33 pm
The force is another beast entirety. The arranger is far superior to Song mode because making transitions and fleshing out on the fly ideas is seamless. Especially adding in macros for fx. Beyond that the midi implementation feels like its 10 years ahead because of the simple act of being able to adjust start end points independently in every midi clip. the Force on the X with all its hardware actually working would be the greatest Groove Box ever created to this date.(Minus its timing woes)
By Straker Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:02 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:The force is another beast entirety. The arranger is far superior to Song mode because making transitions and fleshing out on the fly ideas is seamless. Especially adding in macros for fx. Beyond that the midi implementation feels like its 10 years ahead because of the simple act of being able to adjust start end points independently in every midi clip. the Force on the X with all its hardware actually working would be the greatest Groove Box ever created to this date.(Minus its timing woes)

If they put arranger and qlinks macros on Mpc, then we are at the same level.
It's true that 3.0 looks much better then 2.0, also in the graphic details (like the mixer).
If Mpc gets 3.0, and akai manages to make an arranger for Mpc, then I don't see it difficult to also have qlinks macros on Mpc.
But great you are using Force on an Mpc X, great knowlwedge guys, that is really nice.
Personally I am waiting for Akai to give us 3.0 and if they don"t give us, we can put Force directly into Mpc.
Ahah. Nice move.
By Jawbrizza Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:32 am
I actually think this might be an intended future move by akai based on the facts that
-they’ve already got people used to keeping parts of the software on an SD card which is really weird
-the feature set gap between the lowest tier box (one) and the highest tier box (x) is relatively small, I think officially running force would be exclusive to the X
-it wouldn’t cannibalise sales and would even push X sales a lot
-someone unlocked external audio/midi interfaces then bang akai released it in an update. It was always there it was just locked
-akai has been online before speaking about force and mpc software getting closer together, sharing features etc
-akai has close ties with ableton already and could easily add launchpad/push integration for external grids etc

I just think some things point to this possibly being an official feature rather than a “hack”
By Ultros Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:25 am
If they just gave us the new mixer, clip recording and an arranger i'd abandon this project all together. It's the only reason why I'm still persuing it. Recording directly to a clip and then tracking it out is so much easier. I'm not gonna go buy a Force for a couple features that *should* already be key components in the MPC line of products that already have clip launching capabilities.

They told us when mpc hits version 3? they keep doing minor updates and 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10.. i dont think mpc was ever intended to hit a major version #3 hence the claim that they'd be consolidated then. When will that be? at the end of the MPC's life? when we are migrating to other beat machines?

I'm not gonna hold my breath. It's easier to just be proactive and make stuff work despite it not being optimal.
By Norman Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:36 am
Just to understand it correctly: is it possible to have ALL Force features on the MPC X? Using a launchpad or similar for all the Force clips, triggering and recording Force macro qlink fx etc with the MPC pads and maybe even using an external midi fader for further multiple fx state bendings from A to B? Not sure if there is even more what the Force offers compared to the MPCs.. The best production and performance machines together in one machine. It makes no sense for me to buy both machines, i want to use all audio outs and the 2nd audio input from the MPC X but also that awesome direct into clip recording and the linear song arranger view.. Are there plans to release something like a Force X, Force MKII with more audio INs and OUTs in the future? I think Akai doesnt even have to release a new machine with more RAM, better CPU etc - im already impressed how much the MPCs can do, its more than sufficient, even without external synths etc there is so much possible..
By zangetsu01 Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 am
Straker wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Here's my video with a video with the proof of concept (With special thanks to Ultros!):

Wow that looks really strange, a Force inside an X.
But at the end nothing that you cannot already make on X alone, isn't it?
Scenes are like sequences.
Clips are like samples on a pad, more or less, and X also has clip programs.
What I really miss now on my Mpc (Live) is the Force mixer, it looks much better then our current one and it seems much more comfortable.
Hopefully they will add it on Mpc, hopefully all the 3.0 will come to Mpc.

It’s the workflow that is different and more comfortable. When recording to the arranger you can easily experiment with different variations launching the clips rows. But you can also record directly into the arranger using the pads MPC style.

And the mixer is way better, it’s even possible to solo multiple tracks. And with the Force software you don’t necessarily have to be in a certain mode (on your screen) to control certain parameters.
By Straker Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 pm
Jawbrizza wrote:I actually think this might be an intended future move by akai based on the facts that
-they’ve already got people used to keeping parts of the software on an SD card which is really weird
-the feature set gap between the lowest tier box (one) and the highest tier box (x) is relatively small, I think officially running force would be exclusive to the X
-it wouldn’t cannibalise sales and would even push X sales a lot
-someone unlocked external audio/midi interfaces then bang akai released it in an update. It was always there it was just locked
-akai has been online before speaking about force and mpc software getting closer together, sharing features etc
-akai has close ties with ableton already and could easily add launchpad/push integration for external grids etc

I just think some things point to this possibly being an official feature rather than a “hack”

Dan from Akai once said that Force and Mpc OS will merge, and this was a couple of years ago.
He also talked about coming features and those features really came so I am almost sure the Force/Mpc OS will merge, we just don't know when.
Maybe they are solving some issues about this merge, like how to manage the arranger on Mpc workflow, which is not linear as in Force.
But I am sure they will make it somehow.
By Ultros Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:56 pm
Wish in one hand, and sh!t in the other and see which fills up first. Idgaf what "dan from akai' said. He's under NDA like any other dev if he's really even part of akai I dont know never met him. They make people sign or agree to an NDA to be a beta tester for the next round of minor implementations. Self importance at its best, or a skillful ploy to sell people on the idea of a future.

The claims that the force and mpc will meet probably is true, however I dont think they intend to make that happen until they're moving us off the mpc and force toward something else.

The mpc and force are still under development. The fact we get updates isnt a GOOD thing. It means akai didnt create a polished product from the start and has us all being their lab rat.

If anyone from akai reads this ever: get your sh*t strait and open up some of the clip features for mpc already, (clip record, midi clips, cv, audio ALL THAT SHEEYIT) we're tired of this god damn antiquated song seqencer. It's bang out of order!!
By Straker Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Ultros wrote:Wish in one hand, and sh!t in the other and see which fills up first. Idgaf what "dan from akai' said. He's under NDA like any other dev if he's really even part of akai I dont know never met him. They make people sign or agree to an NDA to be a beta tester for the next round of minor implementations. Self importance at its best, or a skillful ploy to sell people on the idea of a future.

The claims that the force and mpc will meet probably is true, however I dont think they intend to make that happen until they're moving us off the mpc and force toward something else.

The mpc and force are still under development. The fact we get updates isnt a GOOD thing. It means akai didnt create a polished product from the start and has us all being their lab rat.

If anyone from akai reads this ever: get your sh*t strait and open up some of the clip features for mpc already, (clip record, midi clips, cv, audio ALL THAT SHEEYIT) we're tired of this god damn antiquated song seqencer. It's bang out of order!!

Dan was the Akai product manager, dude.
He was on Gearslut forum for a year as the official Akai product manager and everything he said came true update per update.
Have a nice evening.
By zangetsu01 Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:20 pm
I've stoppped believing in anything Dan has said a long time ago. I too believe that the MPC software will catch up some day but the promis was made too long ago and it still aint here. In the mean time me and Ultros came this far only in three weeks time.

BTW: Mentioning Dan makes remember the last time he was on this forum using his official account (he may still be lurking around under an other name). Well anyway one of the guys on this forum roasted him alive calling him names and sh!t (chipmunk face and stuff like that) he really went off on him. That guy was really mad..!!! at him. I think if they were face to face things would've ended in an ugly way. I really felt sorry for Dan. I believe that was the last time we saw him here on this forum.
By Straker Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I've stoppped believing in anything Dan has said a long time ago. I too believe that the MPC software will catch up some day but the promis was made too long ago and it still aint here. In the mean time me and Ultros came this far only in three weeks time.

BTW: Mentioning Dan makes remember the last time he was on this forum using his official account (he may still be lurking around under an other name). Well anyway one of the guys on this forum roasted him alive calling him names and sh!t (chipmunk face and stuff like that) he really went off on him. That guy was really mad..!!! at him. I think if they were face to face things would've ended in an ugly way. I really felt sorry for Dan. I believe that was the last time we saw him here on this forum.

I don't know. Anyway he gave a roadmap with new features that all came to Mpc meanwhile.
So I don't care about what people say or think, I just think that Mpc and Force will merge, because he said that.
I don't know when.
These are the informations I have and I thought it was good to share them.
By Ultros Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:BTW: Mentioning Dan makes remember the last time he was on this forum using his official account (he may still be lurking around under an other name). Well anyway one of the guys on this forum roasted him alive calling him names and sh!t (chipmunk face and stuff like that) he really went off on him. That guy was really mad..!!! at him. I think if they were face to face things would've ended in an ugly way. I really felt sorry for Dan. I believe that was the last time we saw him here on this forum.

:lol: I can only describe the feeling this story gives me as schadenfreude. Absolutely PRICELESS. "chipmunk face!!!" Man, I gotta find that thread.
By zangetsu01 Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:02 pm
Straker wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:I've stoppped believing in anything Dan has said a long time ago. I too believe that the MPC software will catch up some day but the promis was made too long ago and it still aint here. In the mean time me and Ultros came this far only in three weeks time.

I don't know. Anyway he gave a roadmap with new features that all came to Mpc meanwhile.
So I don't care about what people say or think, I just think that Mpc and Force will merge, because he said that.
I don't know when.
These are the informations I have and I thought it was good to share them.

My post was not targeted to you in any way.. It’s always good to share information even tough a lot us including myself we’re already around when Dan said al those things.

I’m just expressing myself about the way I feel about about it knowing that they could have merged the firmware’s within 1 or 2 months..

They didn’t even have to merge them they just had to add some features to the MPC line for them to sort of equal.

There are other things going on behind the scenes that we don’t know of. And I bet that it has to do with earning as much money as they while the two lines are still separated.
By EnochLight Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:14 pm
Ultros wrote:The mpc and force are still under development. The fact we get updates isnt a GOOD thing. It means akai didnt create a polished product from the start and has us all being their lab rat.

Nah, it's not like that at all. Sure, at launch the MPC was missing things we all expected, and the time it took for Arranger to appear on Force after launch was laughable, :lol: but over the years we keep getting more and more and it keeps getting better and better - all done for 100% free to us, the user. And both MPC and Force have been completely valuable and usable instruments for quite some time, and the fact that we still keep getting free updates with new features is amazing. I've been on an a new-gen MPC since Touch/original Live, and I never once felt like I was being treated as a lab rat.