MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 am
if you're free some time this week zangetsu maybe we can work together to try to sort it out, i dont *want* to add that exception, but if i have too... heh hit me up tomorrow. im just lazy and tired lately i'll get a good night of sleep and we'll take a crack at it. You've been a big help to get this done, motivation, research and just good moral support thanks for all your hard work man. we'll get it sorted.
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:43 pm
Ultros wrote:if you're free some time this week zangetsu maybe we can work together to try to sort it out, i dont *want* to add that exception, but if i have too... heh hit me up tomorrow. im just lazy and tired lately i'll get a good night of sleep and we'll take a crack at it. You've been a big help to get this done, motivation, research and just good moral support thanks for all your hard work man. we'll get it sorted.

Yeah bro let's do this!!
By Ultros Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:50 pm
That is the coolest shit ever zangetsu. the X has way more control over the sw with all those buttons. I really like the directional buttons functionality.

Yeah its dual force / mpc btw @ last poster. its one os but with the two different programs on it. it defaults to mpc you have to have a card in with a config file on it to tell it to go into force.

It's just linux and i have been using linux since i was a kid so i bastardized it after realising how simple it was to make happen. It's not as great as having a real force but it'll give you a taste.
By Jawbrizza Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:48 am
I’ve seen people mapping launchpads with visual feedback, been speaking to a guy on another forum about it cause he’s doing it for iPad. I really think there is a way to get this running like a real force if you find someone with the know how for launchpads. Im sure they’ve got a developer mode and you can program it to do whatever you want with the right knowledge :smoker:
By Ultros Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:32 am
Jawbrizza wrote:I’ve seen people mapping launchpads with visual feedback, been speaking to a guy on another forum about it cause he’s doing it for iPad. I really think there is a way to get this running like a real force if you find someone with the know how for launchpads. Im sure they’ve got a developer mode and you can program it to do whatever you want with the right knowledge :smoker:

I have launchpads working as well as the pads, my apc mini is pretty much fully implemented but i've not got visual feed back for the lights yet. I have to intercept the sysex messaged for the lights, transform the packet accordingly for that controller and send it. Sadly that's not the same across all controllers.. some use notes to trigger lights others use sysex.
By Jawbrizza Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:06 am
@ultros so are we thinking it’s possible or is this something buried in there that will be near impossible to decipher? Badass work either way my guy I’m about to pick up an X and I think you just sold me on that over the force. Already got a LPP3 here. Do the scribble strips on the X q links match what would be the forces? Am noob to this forum no idea how to quote or tag properly on here :hmmm:
By Monotremata Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 am
Ultros - totally random sidetrack here but.. In your digging through the MPC OS, do you know if there is a temp location or something it might dump memory contents too if it crashes?? I spent about 5 hours yesterday working on a song from scratch, was almost finished and decided to call it quits around 11pm last night. Went to save it and got that fcking internal error bullshit and lost EVERYTHING I had done yesterday (was waiting to finish editing samples and purge memory before I did my first save like an idiot). Im about to start trying to recreate it from the ground up but figured Id ask and see if I can save myself a headache hehe.
By Ultros Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 am
As far as i know the project exists entirely in memory until you save it. :(

In the force software however I've had it completely crash and come back with a message asking me if i wanted to restore my last project so I clicked yes and it did. I was like WTF? What magic is this?

Perhaps there's an auto-save location in /tmp or on az01-internal I haven't come across. That's the worst though I had it recently happen to me too from a brown out I was pissed. I put alot of effort into that song and its gone...

Maybe auto-save is the option we should flag but dont out of fear we may save some horrific change.
By Ultros Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 am
Jawbrizza wrote:@ultros so are we thinking it’s possible or is this something buried in there that will be near impossible to decipher? Badass work either way my guy I’m about to pick up an X and I think you just sold me on that over the force. Already got a LPP3 here. Do the scribble strips on the X q links match what would be the forces? Am noob to this forum no idea how to quote or tag properly on here :hmmm:

Yeah, only 8 of the qlinks work because there are only 8 internal cc's for knobs on the force. I am going to double them up so the second two banks do what the first two do rather than sitting there dead.

I dont personally own an X so im learning about it by proxy aka zangetsu. he's been my wingman through this. batman and robin lol
By Monotremata Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:24 am
Ultros wrote:As far as i know the project exists entirely in memory until you save it. :(

In the force software however I've had it completely crash and come back with a message asking me if i wanted to restore my last project so I clicked yes and it did. I was like WTF? What magic is this?

Perhaps there's an auto-save location in /tmp or on az01-internal I haven't come across. That's the worst though I had it recently happen to me too from a brown out I was pissed. I put alot of effort into that song and its gone...

Maybe auto-save is the option we should flag but dont out of fear we may save some horrific change.

Hah the first thing I thought of last night was 'AT LEAST ABLETON WOULDVE RECOVERED MY PROJECT!'. So the Force has some sort of recovery but the MPC doesn't?? Come on Akai!!!!!!

Yeah I've been debating auto-save all night while I was trying to recreate my work (no worries I saved it a shitload of times tonight haha). The thing about auto-save is, if Im still 'sound picking' early on, I might have a ton of samples loaded Im testing out, and maybe half or less end up making it into the actual song. Some I might need to keep around for an hour or two until I hit the spot where they work. If it auto saves during that period, I have to go through and delete all those later or they clog up the project and my sample editor when I need to work. Guess one way or the other I need to see how I can streamline my process or something so I can get to the saving part quicker. :lol:
By Ultros Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:26 am
Kiss that song buh buy. Such is the magic of the universe, perhaps it was only meant to exist in that state for a day.. I am pretty relaxed about loosing work if it happens *shrug* on to the next one, but i'm a pretty primary midi "producer" lol... my mpc reminds me of colored crayons and water based paints as a kid... Loook i maded a sticked man!! *shoves the paint brush up his nose*
By Straker Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:26 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Here's my video with a video with the proof of concept (With special thanks to Ultros!):

Wow that looks really strange, a Force inside an X.
But at the end nothing that you cannot already make on X alone, isn't it?
Scenes are like sequences.
Clips are like samples on a pad, more or less, and X also has clip programs.
What I really miss now on my Mpc (Live) is the Force mixer, it looks much better then our current one and it seems much more comfortable.
Hopefully they will add it on Mpc, hopefully all the 3.0 will come to Mpc.