MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:16 pm
Ok so here is a video of "project full-force", it wont require a matrix pad but trust me it's alot better if you have one! I do as you can see by the video, AND IT WORKS. I am not gonna bother with sprucing up the post like its some uber important shit, we know what it is by now but I need YOU. Cus a new cfw is comin' and you dont wanna miss the boat!

Sorry this project took so long to manifest, during the spring summer and fall months I don't have much free time, but I'm back at it.

https://streamable.com/wp9bo4

Help wanted!
I am looking for two more users with ssh enabled devices to help me debug some things. I need a user with a live and a user with a live 2 or someone who has both! PM me if you're interested...

Not computer savy? That's ok you may still be useful to the cause:

I am also looking for your matrix pad maps! That's right! Map your matrix pad and give me the complete list of note addresses marked down in some semblence of sanity and I will add your controller to the project. Otherwise if you miss the window, I will end up baking in whatever controllers I have data on. Which is currently the Akai APC Mini and the Novation Launchpad Pro MK3.

Here's an example of the things I expect in order to map your device.

1: The name of the device as shown in your midi menu on the MPC when plugged in, upper and lower case letters ARE IMPORTANT.

2: The name of every button you want mapped and the co-responding midi addresses to that button.

3: If your device has weirdly buttons that send 0xB0 flag (a control flag) on button press PLEASE DENOTE THIS beside information. (these values freeze the software and need to be masked accordingly)

4: if you have a midi map from your favorite software for your matrix pad controller, you can just copy and paste that right here in the thread or send it to me in pm.
By zangetsu01 Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:14 pm
@Everyone that wants to experience the Force software on the their MPC:

You don't want to miss this boat. Ultros has made some great progress and is finally getting there.
But because there are 4 different types of MPC's and dozens of midi controllers, he needs your input to
get it available for a wide users base.

So if you feel like it, your input is very welcome.
Last edited by zangetsu01 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DokBrown Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:16 pm
i think I just found a cheap MPC LIVE mk1 on craigslist, if u want it as testing model. It is yours . . . . I hate for you to mess up your music workflow while working out the bugs.
By Ultros Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:30 pm
DokBrown wrote:i think I just found a cheap MPC LIVE mk1 on craigslist, if u want it as testing model. It is yours . . . . I hate for you to mess up your music workflow while working out the bugs.

I really appreciate the offer dok, you're good stuff. if you picked it up KEEP IT and stick my cfw on it rather than your studio unit in about two weeks.

You can switch back and forth from mpc 2.10.1 to force 3.0.6 with it. It's not "hacky" I've put in some really good work into making sure it doesnt fail.

It wont damage your internal drives or skew your content or melt down your hardware, in essence i just added another program to linux and edited how it loads up mpc or force on init so its very stable.
By kadabriel Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:14 am
OK lets do this. i have a live 2 and a ableton push (i want a smaller matrix also. if you need map for one just tell me what you want me to buy ;) )

not a coding wizard but i uderstand more computer than normal people. i have sofware modded alot of cameras and phones and my old ps3. using online guides,

do i have a ssh enabled device? idk, how do i enable that?
By Ultros Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:26 pm
kadabriel wrote:OK lets do this. i have a live 2 and a ableton push (i want a smaller matrix also. if you need map for one just tell me what you want me to buy ;) )

not a coding wizard but i uderstand more computer than normal people. i have sofware modded alot of cameras and phones and my old ps3. using online guides,

do you have a midi map for your ableton push? if so link me to it, i'll add it to the list of controllers. atm I only have apc mini and the launchpad pro mk3 working.

why buy a controller when we can just make yours work.
By kadabriel Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:28 pm
Ultros wrote:
kadabriel wrote:OK lets do this. i have a live 2 and a ableton push (i want a smaller matrix also. if you need map for one just tell me what you want me to buy ;) )

do you have a midi map for your ableton push? if so link me to it, i'll add it to the list of controllers. atm I only have apc mini and the launchpad pro mk3 working.

why buy a controller when we can just make yours work.

will start soon! its a push 2 btw ;)
but do you need me to install the ssh firmware? and is it stabe?
By Ultros Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Turns out I already have the info I needed from the mpc live. It's only the live 2 I need some info for. Zangetsu has a copy of my cfw im pretty sure, but its not the "full force" project, thats not out yet.

I mainly just need midi maps for common controllers so people dont have to go buy an apc mini.

It's not like there are a zillion of those devices so if i map the akai, ableton and novation stuff I should be pretty close to covering most of my bases.
By kadabriel Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:08 pm
touch bpm note A#-2
touch metro note A-2 left to rigth knobs
knob 1 note C-2
knob 2 note C#-2 touch = NOTE ON/OFF
knob 3 note D-2
knob 4 note D#-2
knob 5 note E-2
knob 6 note F-2
knob 7 note F#-2
knob 8 note G-2
volume knob note G#-2

touch bpm CC 14
touch metro CC 15 left to rigth knobs
knob 1 CC 71
knob 2 CC 72 CC
knob 3 CC 73
knob 4 CC 74
knob 5 CC 75
knob 6 CC 76
knob 7 CC 77
knob 8 CC 78
volume knob CC 79

BUTTONS ONTOP OF SCREEN
LEFT TO RIGTH

CC102-109 8 BUTTONS

BUTTONS UNDER SCREEN
LEFT TO RIGTH
CC 20-28 8 BUTTONS

LEFT ROW OF BUTTONS

TAPTEMPO BUTTON CC 3
METRONOME BUTTON CC 9
DELETE CC 118
UNDO CC 119
MUTE CC 60
SOLO CC 61
STOP CLIP CC 29
CONVERT CC 35
DOBBLE LOOP CC 117
QUANTIZE CC 116
DUPLICATE CC 88
NEW CC 87
FIXED LENGTH CC 90
AUTOMATE CC 89
RECORD CC 86
PLAY CC 85

RIGTH ROW OF BUTTONS
SETUP CC 30
USER CC 59
ADD DEVICE CC 52
DEVICE CC 110
MIX CC 112
ADD TRACK CC 53
BROWSE CC 111
CLIP CC 113
MASTER CC 28
UP CC 46
DOWN CC 47
LEFT CC 44
RIGHT CC 45
REPEAT CC 56
ACCSENT CC 57
SCALE CC 58
LAYOUT CC 31
NOTE CC 50
SESSION CC 51
OCTAVE UP CC 55
OCTAVE DOWN CC 54
PAGE LEFT CC 62
PAGE RIGTH CC 63
SHIFT CC 49
SELECT CC 48

TIME SIGNATURE BUTTONS ALONG THE PADS
1/32T CC 43
1/32 CC 42
1/16T CC 41
1/16 CC 40
1/8T CC 39
1/8 CC 38
1/4T CC 37
1/4 CC 36

PITCHBEND/TOUCHSTRIP PITCHBEND CONTROLL

PADS LEFT TO RIGTH AND UP
C1 TO D#6

EVERYTHING IS ON CHANNEL 1
By Ultros Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:23 pm
good news, i added the ability for people to map their own controllers and the interface buttons! no need for me to bake anything in, i just gotta clean up the code some and finish implementing some things.
By Ultros Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm
if your launchpad mini sends CONTROL messages with button presses you're gonna be let down... I found with zangetsu's launchpad that messages arent sent in any rational standard midi message way. Novation makes crappy controllers!!

You need a matrix controller that sends note on / off for all the buttons. Thats 0x90 for on and 0x80 for off. Where as control messages are 0xB0 for on and 0xB0 for off and these messages crash the mpc or send the improper messages to my library (which i wont be coding around because its outside of the standard midi message convention.)

Control change messages should only be used for knobs and sliders but for some reason novation in their infinite stupidity decided its a good move to have buttons sent as control change messages.

The apc mini sends all its values as notes as it should and follows both standard midi convention as well as ableton's expected values.

So just a heads up, novation users are gonna be let down.
By zangetsu01 Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:35 pm
Yeah you can probalby use it in note mode to use the 64 pad matrix to trigger the individual clips but you can't use all of the side buttons to select track or launch the rows. We need a custom firmware on the launchpads for that.