MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 pm
I could care less about getting the arranger but PLEASE make Track mode's screen look just like that screen does in that preview video! I miss that view from the MPC Software where you can actually see the content of the tracks next to one another. That visual feedback helps so much when laying things out. I dont need to drag and drop and do it in that same window, grid edit is fine, but at least gimme that overview again Akai!!!
By Ultros Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:20 pm
EnochLight wrote:Nah, it's not like that at all. Sure, at launch the MPC was missing things we all expected, and the time it took for Arranger to appear on Force after launch was laughable, :lol: but over the years we keep getting more and more and it keeps getting better and better - all done for 100% free to us, the user. And both MPC and Force have been completely valuable and usable instruments for quite some time, and the fact that we still keep getting free updates with new features is amazing. I've been on an a new-gen MPC since Touch/original Live, and I never once felt like I was being treated as a lab rat.

Fair enough, yeah they have given us some extras for sure.. im just growing bitter. 2.10 was a monumental leap forward for us MPC users. I have a feeling the eta to another update isnt far off. They seem to have a 6-7 month turn around time on updates so hopefully we'll see what exciting things are to come within the next month or two. Beta testers can already tell you (not legally of course) what the plans are for the next mpc release they're usually privy to that crap.

Monotremata wrote:I could care less about getting the arranger but PLEASE make Track mode's screen look just like that screen does in that preview video! I miss that view from the MPC Software where you can actually see the content of the tracks next to one another. That visual feedback helps so much when laying things out. I dont need to drag and drop and do it in that same window, grid edit is fine, but at least gimme that overview again Akai!!!

You mean like this? cus this would be a huge help...

By Monotremata Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:56 am
Ultros wrote:
You mean like this? cus this would be a huge help...

EXACTLY! I don't know why they wasted the track mode with more redundant controls that are in 12 other places, that track view in the software was awesome! Again didn't the mighty 4000 show its midi data like that too? I don't care if I can edit it there or not, but just being able to see the stuff is so damn handy!
By Ultros Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:16 am
Monotremata wrote:EXACTLY! I don't know why they wasted the track mode with more redundant controls that are in 12 other places, that track view in the software was awesome! Again didn't the mighty 4000 show its midi data like that too? I don't care if I can edit it there or not, but just being able to see the stuff is so damn handy!

lol i poked through the config file tonight to see if there some hidden option I missed but it doesnt look like it.

On a side note, i'm looking for plugin presets for the cfw. If any inventive souls have their own preset patches for the synths I'd be glad to add them.

I can give users their own category and sub categories for patch type if anyone wants their name in the firmware / be a contributor to the project.

Just pm me a link to a zip or something.
By Jawbrizza Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:24 am
yo I was looking at the pioneer xdj rx3 and thinking that 10.1 inch touch screen looks an awful lot like an MPC X touchscreen. Then I was thinking wait it might run on the same shit inside as the MPCs which got me thinking about your mod. Now if that’s the case wouldn’t it be possible to do the same thing you’re doing with the force currently but with that too? This could end up running multiple different fairly expensive devices in one unit. X has a lot of buttons to control a lot of functionality. Let me know what you think, might be completely off base
By Jawbrizza Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:15 am
also after a look it appears that the similar denon prime 4 also runs Linux, is made by inmusic and has a RockChip RK3288 which is apparently what the MPC runs on, obviously they’re all sharing parts so in theory I’d imagine that it’s a possibility. Again I know nothing about this shit but I wouldn’t have guessed you could run force on an X either so, ya know
By Ultros Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:03 am
You could probably run all this crap on a asus tinkerboard S. It's got the same specs the mpc btw.. not like it'd be easy for anyone but if someone wanted to spank all this softwate it on one sbc that'd be the doner board.
By Ultros Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:00 am
Sometimes the pad lights stop working. They stay on but stop being updated. I'll eventually figure out what the problem is probably a malformed sysex message or something that squeeking through my filter. Not a big deal though...

I forgot in the readme document that if you also hold the playstart button and touch plus and minus you can move up and down in the matrix window.
By renegadebliss Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:57 am
Ultros wrote:You could probably run all this crap on a asus tinkerboard S. It's got the same specs the mpc btw.. not like it'd be easy for anyone but if someone wanted to spank all this softwate it on one sbc that'd be the doner board.

Let us know when this will run MPC Live 2
By Ultros Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:16 am
Updated today dec 20th, Live and X users are safe to test. However let it be known that zangetsu who's been testing for me has not had any luck getting it to boot into FORCE mode with his mpc X. Feel free to try it out, if you have any issues getting it to load into force lemme know but before complaining on the thread here please make sure you've named either an SD card or a USB card the name "FORCE" (in all capitals without quotations). If this doesnt work for you from SD or USB then it could be a bug, or perhaps zangetsu's having an issue. I need more willing participants to know.

NOW SAFE TO TEST ON MPC ONE, LIVE, LIVE2 and X
https://github.com/RedHate/cfw
By Ultros Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Thank you, Source posted. You had some stuff relating to scanning for ports and some regex stuff that was handy so i scooped it and made some modifications. Looked like it was originally scooped from the alsa project anyways. (port scanning code) The code is actually pretty damn ugly. I think you'll wretch when you see it. There's no header retained, i don't care how you feel about it LOL.

Here's the source.
https://github.com/RedHate/fullforce