MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By enzyme Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:33 pm
Sorry man, wasn't meaning to be disputing what you're saying, if you have fixed your issue then great. I'm just a bit on the fence about messing with the MPCs default setup regarding audio, I know from previous experience with Maschine, that the pads get sloppy at higher buffer settings. But if this can be a temporary cure for the autosampler failing then cool :)

Akai should really be more clear about this, and its pretty lame that it seems to be Windows only!
By nori Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:45 am
Monotremata wrote:I just installed the whole software suite in my VMWare Windows 10

What is the software suite you installed?

I am on mac and Force and I only see a Network Midi driver. I am considering doing the VM thing but want to make sure the software is available for Force first.

Is there a different software besides this to enable the control panel?

Can someone upload a screenshot of the panel app?
By enzyme Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:38 pm
By the sounds of it, it probably gets installed with the MPC drivers/software on Windows. All this stuff is very vague though, Akai seem to be gradually improving their web presence. hopefully we'll see better information at some point soon.
By Monotremata Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Yeah its just part of the regular Windows install, I'd guess its in the driver installation? There isn't one on the Mac, but on Windows if you go into the Control Panel, it has an MPC icon in there that lets you adjust the buffer. At this point no one knows for sure what this does. More than likely it only adjusts Windows using the MPC as a sound card but who knows. Until Akai confirms it works, we dont know for sure. I would think if this was something that actually affected the hardware itself it would be available on both the Mac and the PC, but it only works when the MPC is in controller mode on Windows. The Mac has CoreAudio to take care of all that.