MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mairc Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:25 pm
Hi, I am very new to the MPC and bought it for live performance together together with a singer and me (guitar).
Performing a song live, I would store different parts of it (like "Intro", "Verse1", "Chorus1", etc.) as different Sequences. On stage we would trigger the next Sequence or jumping to a different one in the NEXT SEQ mode.
But some Sequences have to be 8 bars or more because of a harmony progression taking place or because of drumloops that have different variations in the fourth and eighth bar and so on.
The problem is: when e.g. a verse is not a multiple of the verse-sequense-lenghth, the chorus-sequence can not be triggered to the right time as the verse-sequence plays to it's end first.
Pressing the little display button "NEXT BAR" does the job, but this is not really handy during a live performance when you just want to hit a pad while playing guitar.

So the question is: Is there any setting, where this NEXT BAR option is always on? Or any other setting, where the next Sequence starts on the next bar and not at the end of the previous sequence?

Thanks for your advice!
Christian