MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Patientrichard Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:26 pm
I've been offered the above mixer, in mint condition, for a very silly price (£100), by a friend that's having a clear out.

This device has a 10i10o soindcaed, as well as midi controls and an analog mixer.

I'm thinking this could be a great partner to thr mpc live mk2 but I'm drawing a blank on how I'd actually use it or what benefits there would be to pairing the two.

The midi side of things would be an obvious benefit and I can see myself using the midi faders to control the volume on tracks etc, but other than that, I can't think of any other uses-I have plenty of fader midi controllers I can use if all I'm going to do is that.

So, if you have any better ideas of how I could use them together, please fire away. Otherwise I'll stick it on ebay and spend the money beanie babies or something...
By Straker Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 pm
Well, you have 3 stereo outs on Mpc, this is where a mixer really becomes handy, especially if the mixer has aux or sends, so the game becomes interesting.
I personally never use Mpc Live without a mixer, the 3 stereo outs are very comfortable, I wish they were 4 as X.
By Patientrichard Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 pm
Agreed. I have a mixer that is huge, but when I can be arsed to set it up with the mpc , is massive fun. I tend to just go mono with it as well, and then use all six outs and bring in elements, take them out, use the Sends etc.

This mixer has sends as well, although everything seems to be rca if I recall. I'll have to check!
By Straker Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:06 pm
Patientrichard wrote:Agreed. I have a mixer that is huge, but when I can be arsed to set it up with the mpc , is massive fun. I tend to just go mono with it as well, and then use all six outs and bring in elements, take them out, use the Sends etc.

This mixer has sends as well, although everything seems to be rca if I recall. I'll have to check!

Yeah with Mpc outs and sends and a mixer with send, then the fun begins.
I also have a Boss looper synced to Mpc and going to mixer.
I am thinking to get a Tascam model 12 which has a multitrack inside, so I can record all channels separately in 24/48 and then mix the wav files on pro tools.
So I could record all in real time.

To play live outside, I have a very small Boss line mixer of the 80s, it sounds very clean, 10 channels and an aux send in half rack.
By Patientrichard Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm
Is the the boss rc 505? I was thinking of grabbing one of those recently, to loop the mpc so I can transition into another track.

Are you using a send to route the audio from the mpc to the looper?
By Straker Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 pm
Patientrichard wrote:Is the the boss rc 505? I was thinking of grabbing one of those recently, to loop the mpc so I can transition into another track.

Are you using a send to route the audio from the mpc to the looper?

I have the Rc202 and I use it with a guitar and pedals, separate from Mpc but midi clocked.
It's funny and fast, the effects are superb and it syncs perfectly as midi slave.
If I just would need something for transition, I would get a smaller looper, like the Boss looper pedal, and maybe some other pedal effect.
Once I used to use A KaossPad3, the looper is quite short but the effects are nice.
By Patientrichard Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 pm
I need the loops to be in sync, to 'mix' over the top-like the transition trick on the octatrack. The smaller rc might just do it though. It's two tracks isn't it? Smaller as well, so less to take out with me
By Straker Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:34 am
Patientrichard wrote:I need the loops to be in sync, to 'mix' over the top-like the transition trick on the octatrack. The smaller rc might just do it though. It's two tracks isn't it? Smaller as well, so less to take out with me

Yeah RC202 it's two tracks with unlimited overdubs, very good input/track fx, and you can use it with any source, instrument, microphone or line level.
RC505 is really too big for me.
RC202 is the right size and has all I need and it syncs perfectly to Mpc with midi.
By Patientrichard Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 pm
Ah nice. Thanks for letting me know. I know I've kinda detailed my own thread here, but another question - does the rc line have a 'degrade' function where the old loop gradually dissapers under the new loop?

I ask as when I've looked at this, there seems to be conflicting answers. Some say no way, and others say there is that function. Cheers!
By Straker Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:47 am
Patientrichard wrote:Ah nice. Thanks for letting me know. I know I've kinda detailed my own thread here, but another question - does the rc line have a 'degrade' function where the old loop gradually dissapers under the new loop?

I ask as when I've looked at this, there seems to be conflicting answers. Some say no way, and others say there is that function. Cheers!

As far as I know, it doesn't have that function.
You can choose to overdub or to replace the loop, but not to morph it.
But you have many options for any track, reverse, undo, apply fx tracks to just one of the two tracks and so on.