MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Diogo Coelho Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:08 pm
I read the manual but can't find any information on how to trigger the clips automatically in the next sequence. It implies a big problem for live shows (please don't tell me to buy an Akai Force, the workflow of the MPC one is great for me). Any advice on the workflow of sequence transition using clip mode?

The workaround solution following the bellow steps:
Add new sequence;
Copy each clip from the previous sequence to one track in next sequence;
Trigger the clips by grid notes;
Mute each track.
By Diogo Coelho Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:20 pm
hyena wrote:perhaps this is because CLIPS are meant as a live performance tool, meant to be triggered by hand, not automated. why don't you use audio tracks instead of clips if you want predefined behaviour?

The objective is to trigger the clips by hand, but between sequences, the clips stop.

I m trying these steps in clip mode:
One bank is a complete song;
One bank is playing up to 16 audio sounds (trigger by hand) same time;
One pad is one mute group, 16 mute groups per bank. (ex: pad number 1 is the same mute group for banks A B C D E F H).
Play the first song (Bank A) go to the next song (Bank B) until the end (Bank H).
Now I want to go to Bank A in the next sequence with the same clips from bank H in the last sequence trigged to continue to Bank B (next song).
By hyena Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:02 am
perhaps you should program some audio tracks in each sequence with just some filler sound, so when you switch sequence you always have something on the background and you can then trigger your clips again by hand! just the first workaround i can think of...
or! you can be creative with the new granulator plugin, when you want to switch sequence you engage the granulator, fiddle with it a bit then FREEZE the buffer, so you have a looping grain cloud you can play with while the new sequence starts and then you can trigger clips and unfreeze the granulator and disengage it...
By Wul Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 pm
You can record clip triggers, why don’t you place a trigger in grid editor at the beginning of the second sequence to trigger the clip from bank H
By ace_of_dub Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:02 pm
Wul wrote:You can record clip triggers, why don’t you place a trigger in grid editor at the beginning of the second sequence to trigger the clip from bank H

Because the OP wants to trigger whatever clips he wants, when he wants it live, then play the next sequence, without the played clips being interrupted by the sequence change, which the MPC Live doesn't allow since it will stop any clip playing in a clip program as soon as the sequence changes.

Clearly that is a problem.

The Force doesn't have that problem but the OP doesn't want to buy one.