MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By APOLLOJETSONKND Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:47 pm
I like these new mpcs but i hate that the mpc live 2 & mpc one do not have adjustable screens. IT SHOULD BE A STANDARD BY NOW THAT THERE IS AN ADJUSTABLE SCREEN! It doesn’t make sense to keep adding it then taking it off every other generation. Just make it a standard.

Also we want better build quality. Less plastic and maybe some metal knobs and wood frame. I want my mpc to feel like a instrument. Nice and sturdy not too heavy…
I like the idea of the mpc 2000xl size and look it looks portable enough to fit in backpack or bag but big enough to read and use , alot more functional buttons than the live 2. I want more buttons.

Also why is it so hard to structure audio tracks. It should be a thought that we want to structure everything all in the same window. Midi tracks and audio tracks together.
It would be nice .

Can we get some classic sounding circuits and equipment. Whatever you put in the old ones to make it sound the way it did can we get that back hahaha.

Also why does the mpc live and one not have at least 1 xlr input. But the mpc x has multiple which its actually a dual xlr/line input which should have just had a couple one the live 2 and mpc 1. I don’t want my mpc to be skinny. U can make it taller if that makes it fit.

Can u add all the features that roger linn designed in the mpc 3000? We want the new mpcs to sound as good as the old ones.

Ssd card slot is nice.
Sd card slot is nice.
Usb slot nice.
The speaker monitor on mpc live 2 is nice.
By 40Beatz Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:24 pm
I dont know bout you guys...But I can make that Vintage Sound with a Lil Compression and EQ on the Master Channel. I've got a Ton of Effects on my Live/X to achieve this. If my sound is not as Warm as it is on my Legacy Units, BOOM!....Two Inserts, and a couple Knob Tweaks!
By 40Beatz Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:55 pm
To the OP....

Every Request you mentioned is on the X. Akai made Each Model with More or Less Options for Different Price Points. Those Options you want, You might as well save for the X.

You Have to Pay For Luxury Items lol
By Ill-Green Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:18 pm
If Akai wanted to, they could make a 2kXL as a retro boutique product. And it can be smaller, Digitakt/MKII sized to throw in backpacks. SD card for floppy slot. Nothing but the basic features to keep it simple.

I suggested this idea to Akai months ago. They told me exactly what 64hz said; "looks like you want the X." No lie.
By 64hz Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:15 pm
Ill-Green wrote:If Akai wanted to, they could make a 2kXL as a retro boutique product. And it can be smaller, Digitakt/MKII sized to throw in backpacks. SD card for floppy slot. Nothing but the basic features to keep it simple.

I suggested this idea to Akai months ago. They told me exactly what 64hz said; "looks like you want the X." No lie.

Now this tickles me. I would pay a fair amount of money for a boutique old school s950 module or mpc3000. Those 3ks are in the range of stupid money and a s950 is way past that. Gimme a boutique and I'll buy it tbh. Never thought about this but your onto something and AKAI should have listened.
By Jawbrizza Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:03 am
Ill-Green wrote:If Akai wanted to, they could make a 2kXL as a retro boutique product. And it can be smaller, Digitakt/MKII sized to throw in backpacks. SD card for floppy slot. Nothing but the basic features to keep it simple.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. Like when nintendo made a nes mini. You know there’s a 2k emulator on PC? It’s fully functional and the file size is absolutely tiny. If you had the time money and inclination you could probably make it a reality with something like a headless ras pi in a small 3D printed case with some cheapo midi controller parts
By johnnytravels Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:33 am
I for one love the idea. They already have the software groundwork too with the old Studio and Ren screens. They just need to put that in a nice box, strip out all the extras that are not easily accessible through the line screen, add vintage-like circuitry in a boutique style package and sell that at the price point of the One. Add a battery to give the new 404 some serious competition and we have a winner…