MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bread1066 Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:53 am
Hello all. I recently purchased the MPC Live last year, and have fallen in love. Unfortunately though, I've encountered a critical error. The power button depresses when pressed, but it won't spring back into place. Being that this is connected to power it is a major issue lol.

If anyone has any technical advice, please let me know. I've done a light dig and have yet to find anybody with this problem. Cheers! 8)
By EnochLight Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:53 pm
bread1066 wrote:Hello all. I recently purchased the MPC Live last year, and have fallen in love. Unfortunately though, I've encountered a critical error. The power button depresses when pressed, but it won't spring back into place. Being that this is connected to power it is a major issue lol.

If anyone has any technical advice, please let me know. I've done a light dig and have yet to find anybody with this problem. Cheers! 8)

It's pretty simple - the mechanical power button has failed. If it's less than 12 months old, it is still covered under Akai's 1 year warranty in most countries and you should send it in for repair (assuming it was bought new from an authorized retailer - if you bought it second hand or not from an authorized retailer, you are SOL).

Otherwise you can replace the mechanical power button yourself if you're savvy with electronics, or take it to an electrical repair shop. The switches themselves can likely be found online for rather inexpensive costs (contact MPC Stuff and see if they can locate one for you):

mpcstuff.com
By bread1066 Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:24 am
EnochLight wrote:
bread1066 wrote:Hello all. I recently purchased the MPC Live last year, and have fallen in love. Unfortunately though, I've encountered a critical error. The power button depresses when pressed, but it won't spring back into place. Being that this is connected to power it is a major issue lol.

It's pretty simple - the mechanical power button has failed. If it's less than 12 months old, it is still covered under Akai's 1 year warranty in most countries and you should send it in for repair (assuming it was bought new from an authorized retailer - if you bought it second hand or not from an authorized retailer, you are SOL).

Otherwise you can replace the mechanical power button yourself if you're savvy with electronics, or take it to an electrical repair shop. The switches themselves can likely be found online for rather inexpensive costs (contact MPC Stuff and see if they can locate one for you):

mpcstuff.com

:worthy: I believe it's about 2 years now so don't think I'm going to be eligible for warranty service. I will definitely reach out to mpcstuff, didn't even think about that. Seems like a fairly straight-forward fix, even for a noobie 8)

thanks mate