MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DeaDeus Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Standalone?
The installation guide is clear. Makes sure the top-level folder is called "Synths":

Installation for Standalone Devices

To install this synth content on a standalone Force or MPC device, copy the Synths directory into the top-level folder of a SD card or USB drive. You do not need to copy any of the other files. Then, insert the drive into your device.

Note: For maximum convenience, we recommend you install a SATA drive in the drive bay of your standalone MPC or Force and then copy the Synths folder onto this drive. MPC One does not have a SATA drive bay; for MPC One we recommend you install the folder onto a SD card.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:49 pm
DeaDeus wrote:Standalone?
The installation guide is clear. Makes sure the top-level folder is called "Synths":

Note: For maximum convenience, we recommend you install a SATA drive in the drive bay of your standalone MPC.......

Exactly the route of installation I took on my X, worked perfectly.
By LEFTY.REDPORT Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:57 am
Lampdog wrote:
DeaDeus wrote:Standalone?

Note: For maximum convenience, we recommend you install a SATA drive in the drive bay of your standalone MPC.......

Exactly the route of installation I took on my X, worked perfectly.

Where can i find this installation guide?
By Mikkorok Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:07 am
Hey,

I'm a new MPC One user. I managed to update the software to 2.11.4, but I can't get the free synths (Hype, Mellotron, Odyssey and Solina) to appear in a track's synth menu in standalone. I've tried to install them via USB-drive and SD card according to the instructions, which were included when I downloaded the synths to my Mac, and they do appear when one of these are connected to the MPC One. When I unplug my USB-drive or remove the SD card the synths are gone. I also tried to download the synths directly to the MPC One and the synths are activated in the "Activate Plugins" menu, but still the synths are gone in standalone.

Any ideas?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:35 am
Mikkorok wrote:I've tried to install them via USB-drive and SD card according to the instructions ... and they do appear when one of these are connected to the MPC One. When I unplug my USB-drive or remove the SD card the synths are gone.

That's correct. Those synths are stored on your SD card/ USB drive and the MPC will always access them from there. Remove the drive and the synths are gone until you reconnect the drive. They do not get installed internally.

On the MPC One, only tubesynth, electric, bassline and drumsynth are internally installed as they form part of the firmware.
By Mikkorok Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Mikkorok wrote:I've tried to install them via USB-drive and SD card according to the instructions ... and they do appear when one of these are connected to the MPC One. When I unplug my USB-drive or remove the SD card the synths are gone.

That's correct. Those synths are stored on your SD card/ USB drive and the MPC will always access them from there. Remove the drive and the synths are gone until you reconnect the drive. They do not get installed internally.

On the MPC One, only tubesynth, electric, bassline and drumsynth are internally installed as they form part of the firmware.

Ok thank you, good to know! But what is the purpose of the direct download then, straight to the MPC One?
By enzyme Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:42 pm
MPC One only has 4gb of internal storage, which has to hold the OS as well. in a choice between that or an SD card with a capacity you choose yourself, I'd much rather have the synths on the SD, leaving the internal storage be so you get as much a lifespan as possible from it.

I guess the direct download is for convenience, you have to specify the SD before downloading anyway.